Military vehicles in civilian life

TOPCAT99

Clanker
How many of us have had experience of owning/using ex MOD vehicles in civilian life.?

My experiences were all before i joined up?
For eg my grand father had a number of weasels M29s from WW2 in Sutherland- since roads were scarce and bogs aplenty. they were used for stalking and lasted many years being cannibalised to keep the last one going
npkcyXg.jpg

TOPCAT99

Clanker
surprised more members haven't owned and used military vehicles! Anyway here is part 2. for various reason my parents moved south from sutherland where the closest town was Thurso 40 miles and an hour and a half each way on single track road
anyway they moved to the monadliaths south of inverness (ps am still there on occasions)

my dad had 4 Austin Champs and a Humber (K9 ?) signals wagon for use on the hill.
i learnt to drive in a champ- the dashboard for all these vehicles was exactly the same in all MOD of this era--the Ferret etc

surprised more members haven't owned and used military vehicles! Anyway here is part 2. for various reason my parents moved south from sutherland where the closest town was Thurso 40 miles and an hour and a half each way on single track road
anyway they moved to the monadliaths south of inverness (ps am still there on occasions)

my dad had 4 Austin Champs and a Humber (K9 ?) signals wagon for use on the hill.
i learnt to drive in a champ- the dashboard for all these vehicles was exactly the same in all MOD of this era--the Ferret etc

You’ve got caches of ammunition all over the place don’t you?

I could be wrong but I think @jarrod248 has an ex-mil vehicle he's converted into a mobile home / sex dungeon thing.