Military vehicle number plates

Discussion in 'RLC' started by DB216LOKDVR, Aug 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I was serving the military number plates were; two numbers, two letters, two numbers, combo i.e. 12 GB 12.

Now they are; two letters, two numbers, two letters, combo i.e. GB 12 GB.

Please can anybody advise me in which year they changed to the new system and was the new numbering system brought in on all class of vehicle at the same time.

Many thanks.

PS; A free Puka pie to the first ex trogg who can confirm the vehicle which carried 12 GB 12 number plates.

2. Do you ever have difficulty finding people who will go to the pub with you?

3. Is it a 16 Ton 8x4 Low Mobility Truck by any chance?

Edited to add: Hollands cheese and onion pie please! I don't like Pukka, reminds me of living down South without gravy in the chippies!

4. Oh dear Lord..... I bet you have a pot of red paint in your garage to daub the wheel nuts on your car.....which doubtless has the TP stencilled above each wheel arch. Let it go man, for your own sanity, let it go......

• Like Like x 1
  5. TEA TOTAL!!

Genuine reason for asking, Withams are disposing of 132, MT350's, some have the old numbering system and some the new numbering system.

I am trying to establish the age of the bikes or the year into service.

6. They were manufactured between 1993 and 2000 so there's a rough date for you to work from.

7. Spot on.

Are you ex 8 Sqn RCT, A troop 1 Section by any chance.

8. Phone them.

9. No, I was in The Lifeguards (armoured & mounted) but I do have at least two fingers and the abiltiy to tap "12 GB 12" NUMBER PLATE in to Google -

Google

8th line down.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Foden 16Ton 8x4 Low Mobility Truck held on account at 8 Sqn RCT, 27 Regt until 1991 when the Foden fleet was replace by 14 T TM...... Yes I am ex 8 Sqn RCT

11. How can I "unread " this thread?

12. MMS - you read it because you are a Trog. Don't pretend that you didn't enjoy it! Unfortunately it can't be 'un-read' and the information that went in via your eye holes has pushed out more important information via your nose holes. Knowing you, it was probably something like ' how to complete a left turn on the march' that has been confined to the annals of 'forgotten stuff'.

Strima enjoyed this thread so much, he went even more ginger in appreciation of it's interesting and complete nature.

I read the thread because you made comment on it...........I'm stalking you and actually live in the bottom drawer of your rather large desk.

13. I read the thread as I to remember my previous vehicle vrn's that I had the joy to "own"!
    19GB88, 21KB68, 19GB13, 10HH47. All foden tankers!
    EW88AA. MWD
    And im not even a sad Driver!
    BissPiss, don't say a word or I'll out you with a picture of you sat in the drivers seat of a UST!

14. 12GB12 sounds like a TTF?

Late nineties for the changeover, those already registered didn't get new plates.

15. Must point out that DB21 is throwing some dosh in to the Hols4heros pot over my googling skills!

Good chap though!