Military Uniform

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Nowthenlad, Mar 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is just a quick clarification really. I'm wondering about the formal gear. Im wanting to confirm whether or not you get to wear the formal gear as a TA soldier. Im getting married this/next year and if possible would want to wear it.
    My guess is, you get to wear it as TA but you will have to supply it yourself? can someone throw me a bone.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Why would you want to get married in coveralls?
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Ask permission from your commanding officer (proper formal JSP101 letter with two gaps after the full stops, your obedient servant etc) and then get the QM's to get you a set of No 1's for the occasion - give it a good few months as they will be drawing from central stores. Also make sure your wedding isn't the same week as a member of the Royal Family dies as your No 1's will suddenly not appear. That said unless you've got some tour medals and/or a MC, or all your mates you invite to your wedding are in the Military as well I don't really see the point.

Oh and don't forget to Promote yourself one Stripe/Pip up. Rumint says that you're allowed to do that.
  4. Sorry, I meant the proper suits soldiers get for the formal do's. With the black hat etc...
    If the TA aren't supposed to wear these, i don't want to do something that's frowned upon

5. Proper suits?
  6. I've heard some pretty bone reasons for joining the TA, but you're just taking the piss. Go to Moss Bros like everyone else, you chav.

Failing that, I'm sure your local fancy dress shop could deck you out as the Crown Prince of Forin.
  7. Don't. Just don't. You will regret it, both of you.
  8. Who wears a black cap?
  9. executioner?
  10. these are rather spiffy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smartest thing you will ever need in the TA is a set of combats. Stick to a suit and regimental tie for the wedding.
  12. I'd follow the advice to not bother. But if you must, at least wait to find out if you pass basic.
  13. So you just got sworn into the stabs and the thing you are most concerned about is getting married in "formal gear" aka "proper suits" don't even know what you are talking about.

Have a word with yourself, sort your priorities out (if you want to be a stab to do a job or just to self aggrandise) and get married in a civvie ****.