Military tribute to dead soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Chaps,
    My sincere condolences to you all.

Gent's,
    Please keep the coments civil.
    Spike

More in the link including video.

BBC.CO.UK NEWS

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them

RIP

3. RIP lads.

Ubique.

4. May they all Rest in Peace.

5. RIP.
    The mounted meadls look like the GSM, UN, ACSM, QGJM and RUC Service Medal. The unmounted may be the PSNI SM.

IMD

6. RIP and condolences.

7. RIP

Gone and never forgotten.

Murdered in the face of a false peace process, created to apese those who will never truely give up the fight because of false PC load of crap.

About time the likes of TB and all those responsible for this pathetic give way to terrorists peace process were held accountable.

8. He was.

9. My uncle,originally domiciled in the Irish Free State, a Royal Engineer and veteran of D Day, was proud till the day he died at 92 of his service to the Corps. He often told me of the visit to his unit by King George VI on the eve of that great adventure. The King began his address with the words "Gentlemen of the Royal Engineers". His King had called a lowly Corporal a "gentleman", he said.
    This week we lay two young gentlemen to rest. They may not have had the "great adventure" in life to which every youg man and woman has a right. Their families may not have many medals to mark their achievements. Nevertheless their potential was there, there was promise and a life to live.
    Goodbye, Gentlemen of the Royal Engineers, God rest you both.

10. He was ex-RMP

11. Does anyone have some detail on the funeral arrangements for our two Royal Engineers? Perhaps a good turnout would tell their killers something.