Military Trade Union YES or NO

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CAARPS, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to satisfy the curiosity of certain posters, straightforward question, no muddying the waters with the need for a federation or such like

For once and for all a completely unofficial, unrepresentative, unbiased :shock: Poll

2. No

Added because you can't reply with less than twelve characters...

3. Yeh but no but...............................................................................NO

4. I'll quite happly say yes to this one, being told what to do in the Army in regards where and when to go is expected, but financially, cutting LOA without review, pap 10's without redundacy pay, cutting pension index's to the cheaper option and other under the radar methods.

YES

5. Kentigern House has it's own TUC i always thought. :wink:

those who know the other way of describing the TUC will get my drift. :scratch:

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I've got nightmare visions of the MOD version of Scargill running around Afghan with armed flying pickets trying to stop people soldiering.

NO!

7. who the feck in their right mind would give an A Cappella vocal group weapons????

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, now you put it like that . . .

9. If you want a union, fuck off and join the fire brigade.

10. no............................................

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No. End of

12. I would rather lick the skin off of whet's very sleepy shit than see a unionised Armed Forces. Look at the fucking fire brigade

13. Not on your bleedin’ nelly. There are so many reasons why not, but one is that it would likely cause more discontent, not less. As so often, it would be a tin pot powerbase for those that can’t achieve much in their chosen profession in any other way.

14. There is no place in the Armed Forces for any form of 'trade union'.

15. I agree. It is so often the useless lazy trouble making scrotes that end up as 'union reps', making as much noise as they can, rocking the boat and damaging 'their members' reputations, while trying to maximise their own personal gain. There may be the occasional exception to this rule, as is always the case, but they are so very few and far between.