'MILITARY SURPLUS KIT'????

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by chimera, Oct 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

2. [​IMG] Holy sh1t. This bloke must have the entire UK stock of kit.

RQMS79? something fishy here perhaps? [​IMG]

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

And note its all new. Perhaps one of our monkey "friends" could advise...

4. WTF 8O

too new to have come off the Atlantic Conveyor.

5. but its also all the green kit - mostly labeled S95 too - wrongly, probably war stores - met its shelf life so is sold off in bulk, as unissued kit.

Anchor supplies at ripley in Derbyshire has loads of this stuff, cheaper too mostly, but the good bit is you walk in and it smells like "stores", and outside in the forecourt theres some Humber 1 toners, Saracans, Fld Ambulances, there WAS a RAF Viper but someone bought it, theres a RN Towed sonar array, most of a Westland Wessex helo...and loads of landrovers, 2 Ferret - one complete with .30cal

Rincewind

6. I could do with a Humber 1 Ton 'Pig' - the drivers around here are atrocious - no messing with a pig though. :D

7. If I have to go back to Iraq, I'll go and buy myself a Saracen or a Ferret from Anchor.... at least in the 60s and 70s we had some decent force protection vehicles...

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

No so sure. There's new pattern desert stuff in there too - that only appeared during TELIC. I'm not a stacker (thank God) but does C95 have a 'shelf life'?

9. In 1990 I was talking to a USMC comrade very enthused with a cool new Brit armoured vehicle ... was a Ferret Mk 1

10. I recently bought a new S95 Jacket and Trousers from RQMS, the stuff is genuine issue, and new.

11. Still had 2 at bessbrook mill in 85'. I bet that won't pass its 857

12. I'm not sure why it is, but I've actually been to the warehouse where the mod pALM OFF all their 'old' stuff, and there wass a SHITE LOAD of perfectly good desert kit in HUGH boxes, all over the place!!?!?! Seems a crime to me, It leads me to beleive that not ALL the kit is getting nicked, but some is being legitimately being got rid of, although for either the wrong reasons, or simply an over sight! any way it seems stupid which ever way you look at!