Military Surgeons

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Spanish_Dave, Mar 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I had an op in BMH Munster by a guy nicknamed Mac the flick hammer, never ever found out why :lol: funny though the op was a balls up :roll: military surgeons dont seem to have a good name really, any horror stories out there 8O
  2. Having worked with all manner of surgeons all three services and a large number of civillian surgeons from all over the world I have seen an equal percentage of what you call cock ups by all groups, I have worked with some truley gifted military and civillian and military surgeons, and some not so. As for the nick names we gave the surgeons nick names with a large amount of tounge in cheek, in the usual military way of things, I have been operated on by a few military and civvie urgeons, and being as I work with them do you think I would allow them near me!
  3. Worked with him in Munster, Aldershot and Hong Kong.

Hey Bull Dog, did you ever work with a general surgeon nicknamed 'StarBuy'? (as in NAAFI Starbuy), on operational deployments our surgeons are top quality, but in peace time Id go private!
  4. Yes Foxy infact a couple of Star buys however with one the star was not the brightest light in the firmament :wink:
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Work- Bulldog- Again a contradiction in terms!
  6. Alright attended, hang on isn't this a case of pot to kettle message over :wink: ?
  7. i might know you bulldog........
  8. if you know me, then youll know him!
  9. I know Mac,worked with him in Munster,Iserlohn and CMH,i must know you too Filbertfox
  10. I am one of the very few remaining OTTs this Army has left! They have these new fangled ODP things now-a-days, they break easily.
  11. Are we on about Col Mac the bone surgeon. Worked with him in the Falklands, nice fella, though could throw a track now and then, ferocious temper which caused many a QA
    sister to blubber.
  12. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

he the man he the man, when my hand was clawed 2 days post op he told me there was nothing wrong with me and forced it open much to the disdain of my Mrs and even more to me who had to suffer it, after more surgery in the UK on my spine I feel another surgeon is taking his limelight though :twisted:
  13. Ah good old Mac the Knife ,hated sisters,loved OTT's,but had a nasty habit of throwing instruments across the room,at least when we still used the Charnley cell he couldn't do that,but being stuck in there for two hours on a hip replacement with him was hard work.
  14. Talking of interesting surgeons anyone remember an obese gynae surgeon at BMH Muenster and BMH Iserlohn,nickname of fingers,wouldn't let the guy anywhere near my wife,used to hate scrubbing with him,always worried that he would slice my hands of with his knife wielding sausage fingers,was a scary sight to behold.
  15. I remember him from treating me at the CMH, seemed to love us "scum" CMT's and hate split arrses, not a bad judge of character if you ask me!! :)