Military Stewards at Wimbledon 2008

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by sparky8, Jan 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys and Girls

If you would like to apply to become a service steward at this years Wimbledon tournament, the DIN has now been produced. It is 2007DIN01-145.
    It may be of some note that the allowance will not be below last year's (�70 for those inside a 20 mile radius of SW19 and �90 outside).

I am the Army's recruiter for the event so if you have any questions please feel free to PM me. It is only open to soldiers (no officer's) and whilst I may accomodate TA, I would preferably like to fill the spots with Regs first. However, if the quota isn't fulfilled then there is a good chance you may be included.

If you don't know about it, it's a brilliant fortnight, work hard, play harder, great for KAPE and also a pretty good retention tool so if you know of anyone who may want to do it please help me out and spread the word! There's also a facebook group, "Wimbledon Service Stewards" if that fires your rockets.

Cheers

2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Made a sticky. Can you give a closing date for applications? Ta.

3. Thanks.

Closing dates for applications are 30th march, however, if I receive any applications after this I will endeavour to find a spot but only if there are some available.

4. Any possibility thisll be open to London based Infantry TA? I watch Wimbledon every year and would find this job great.

5. Reading a bit difficult for you Flynn??

I would recommend this to anyone..a cracking 2 weeks when I did it in 2001

6. msr

msr LE

So much for the One Army Concept then :roll:

msr

7. Just seeing if this 'tolerance' that the recruiter has for the TA will improve if the TA soldier is located in close proximity to Wimbledon and is from the teeth arms (which was requested for on another thread). In addition thank you for bringing up the 'one army' concept when it comes down to the point in question MSR.

8. words out of my mouth.

9. Steady fella's, the policy isn't the Army's, believe it or not its the club. I will make every effort to put people in green into places. Its just that I have to fill with regs first.
    Last year, my first as recruiter, was the first time in 4 years that the army have filled their allocation. Maybe it's because Im proactive but maybe I was just lucky. If thats the case, I'll gladly recruit TA. To that end, put your application in and lets see what happens.
    All the best

10. msr

msr LE

Sparky,

Thank you for the clarification. I somehow suspect that the MTD's may not be authorised for TA soldiers for this, but you never know.

msr

11. We don't do it a s a duty..we have to take leave for it. How that would work with your MTD's I don't know

12. Camp in Lieu? 8O 8O :D :lol:

13. msr

msr LE

C1 only I suspect...

msr

14. Are there any updates on whether you will be accepting TA personnel yet?

15. Put your application in and if the regulars don't fill it then you may be given a shout. Sorry if that answer seems a bit pie in the sky but thats how it is.

Just as a bit of breaking news. I was informed yesterday that every service steward will be on the higher allowance this year, not just those who are based outside of the 20 mile raidus.

So thats £90 a day (extra on top of your wage) plus approx £12 food allowance on your wimbledon id card for spending in the grounds.

Whats holding you back?!!