Military Space Ops

I've been to Ascension Island, it is notable for the following: there are no tourists other than the odd sport fishermen, the land is barren and volcanic except Green Mountain, it’s almost impossible to reach except on C-17, Voyager or A400M courtesy of the RAF, and it’s waters are full of sharks of multiple species, many of which are extremely dangerous to humans.

I've been to Ascension Island, it is notable for the following: there are no tourists other than the odd sport fishermen, the land is barren and volcanic except Green Mountain, it’s almost impossible to reach except on C-17, Voyager or A400M courtesy of the RAF, and it’s waters are full of sharks of multiple species, many of which are extremely dangerous to humans.
I love this quote:

"Despite its remoteness and small population, Ascension does have a tourism industry. The main activities on offer for visitors are fishing, hiking, and golf—the settlement of One Boat boasts a golf course that the Ascension government's own website dubs the worst in the world. The website of Ascension's Obsidian Hotel explains why: "The 'Greens' are called 'browns' and are made of crushed compacted lava smoothed flat with diesel oil." "

Slate’s Use of Your Data

Military Integration and Launch Facility (MILF)
Space Operations and Defence Office (SOD Off)

@Magic_Mushroom will you Brits call it the Space Force as well? Or use some cool Victorian or Shakespearean terminology?

I think it would be as yet a tad premature to fashion ourselves the Royal Aerospace Force, not least as the proposed Spaceport is primarily orientated towards the civilian market.

Anyway, I don't know why we're bothering, the old Bluestreak pads at Spadeadm still look like they'd be perfectly adequate after a few hours attention by some defaulters. :)

Regards,
MM

I think it would be as yet a tad premature to fashion ourselves the Royal Aerospace Force, not least as the proposed Spaceport is primarily orientated towards the civilian market.

Anyway, I don't know why we're bothering, the old Bluestreak pads at Spadeadm still look like they'd be perfectly adequate after a few hours attention by some defaulters. :)

Regards,
MM
Defaulters? eh?

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer

I've seen those a few times and never realised what they were - very interesting!

Called ROPs in the Army...
Too true, but as 'defaulters' didn't ring any bells for the OP, I suspect that any UK Mil slang would have sent him to google anyway, and as MM was talking about RAF Spadeadam, I thought a light blue flavour the most appropriate.