Military Space Ops

All depends who you speak to (as in all walks of life) - "Fleet" the operational element in the MOC at PJHQ is very lightly manned, the enabling areas behind that might be better placed to support if the operational elmn agreed the need (as briefed by enablers who get it..)
Too true, and my bad; should have said Navy Command (Whale Island).

Tomorrows calling. Any country that needs a gps system to fight a war needs to have options. Galileo is very good but looks vulnerable. The future is small satellites easily made and launched. mearkatz told me.

Tomorrows calling. Any country that needs a gps system to fight a war needs to have options. Galileo is very good but looks vulnerable. The future is small satellites easily made and launched. mearkatz told me.
See @History_Man's comments - right twice a day

From DCDC: Protecting access to space

The report identifies the great extent to which most nations rely upon services that are delivered from space and outlines steps that may be taken to assure their continued availability. It lays out the ‘space problem’, that the space environment around Earth is sensitive to disruption and its use could be relatively easily lost. The nature of the more common orbits is described and highlights some of the space-based capabilities upon which most nations have come to rely.

The document goes on to discuss a three phase framework upon which proactive steps for avoiding the loss of space capabilities can be based: before an attack (space deterrence); during an attack (space defence); and after an attack (collaborative) space mitigation.

Also see: Space: dependencies, vulnerabilities and threats