Military Skills Training

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by George35, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me what military skills courses are open to me after completing my CMSR?

2. Underwater trench fighting instructors course.

Bayonet maintenance course.

Airsoft sniper cadre.

3. Junior CLM

4. I'd suggest a walk down to 4 (Military Training) Squadron (if its still called that). You could do it in a NAAFI break and they will have all the good advice you need.

5. Cow

Cow LE

Phase 2 (Trade Training). Get through this, get to your unit. Prove you can do the job (Trade wise) and then look at your Mil Skills. People go on about Soldier first, Tradesman 2nd but your in the Signals, do your job first! Having said that there are plenty of 'extra' courses available. When you get to Blandford/ Unit, speak to the courses clerk. They will be more than happy to say what you can and can't do.

6. go pioneers or get some sort of range qual if you are sat on your arse greasing panzers.... itll get you out of the shit jobs plus itll look good on your CR

7. Cow

Cow LE

I believe Assault Pioneer has been sacked apart from 'Combat Trades' (If they exist). Any Mil Skills makes you more employable though, personally I found AT is the way to go, more transferable!

What ever you do, it can only be good. The more courses you do the more interested you are at working. Crack on and enjoy yourself, if the Army are going to pay for it then thats even better!

8. You forgot ninja fighting dog handler

9. Forget Mil Skills for now, get to your unit and hammer as many Adv Trg quals as you can. So that when you get to full screw, you can beast your Mil quals and then have your pick of which ATR you want to go to. Which is exactly what i didn't do and am now trying to get on Adv Trg quals!!

10. Get the Defence Instructional Techniques course (DIT) first off.

This is a prerequisite for just about all of the others these days.

Fill your front page up with courses and you'll be an RSM before you know it.

Just remember that you will need to learn about leadership, management and how to talk to people like they aren't crap if you want to be a good and respected one.

12. As the above had said. Dont even think about courses until you pass your Trade and get posted to your Unit. The most important thing you can do at the moment is go to Blandford keep your head down do well. On arrival at your new unit go and sign for your Deserts and if you have time in between tours then speak to your Tp SSgt who will advise.