Military Pulling Out Of Frimley!!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Pox_Dr, Feb 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yesterday David Cameron was visiting the Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford, I happened to be in ear shot of a couple of A&E consultants generally chatting while waiting to meet him, & I overheard the following how true I dont know.

RSCH closing in 2009 as Military move out of FPH, assorbing some of the staff from RSCH.

Anyone know anything about this or is this just rumour & hear say!

2. How the hell can they close the RSCH??? Its as busy as Frimley?? And at the moment, Frimley can't really cope either!!!!!

fecking hell, what planet are these idiots in the DoH living on, because it sure as hell ain't freaking planet earth!!

As for military moving out of Frimley, about bloody time!!!!

3. Id say that it is rumour, theres all talk of one of the 2 hospitals losing their A&E depts whilst the other gains its cancer services, etc... So if Frimley loses its A&E then obviously the Military A&E staff would move to!

Hopefully the military staff will all up sticks and move to that purpose built building in Aldershot with the clock tower and years of tradition and history, all it needs is a lick of paint (and several million pounds spent on it).

4. FF is nearest to the truth. A&E at FPH is under discussion. No A&E no MDHU.

5. Did you know they're building a massive new health centre in Aldershot and guess where? Yup, about 200 yards down the road from the CMH!!

6. Eh chaps rumours are pretty useless things for telling whats going to happen.
    There is also the rumour that Surrey will only have 2 A&E Frimley and the East Surrey at Redhill. Ashford and St Peters at Chertsey and the RSCH will loose A&E.
    At no point is the discusssion involving Frimley, or so the rumour goes.
    As the forum says on the tin this is just a rumour service no more no less.
    Wait for the truth.....

7. wait for the truth!

yes, Id agree except

1. this is a rumour service

and two

Its always good to test 'the grapevine' once in a while.

Anyway, the Royal Surrey already has mil pers in it, and has done for years - The max fax team.

8. Ive been trying to pull out of Frimley for years, now there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

9. They've been on about this in the local media for the last few months, All that would be left in the area would be St.Peter's A&E and Frimley, which has an even busier since they closed Ashford A&E.

10. Disappointment from Mrs. lancslad if this turns out to be true - our eldest was born at FPH & she has particularly happy memories of a tall RAMC Major with "gentle hands". Apparently he was much more sincere than the little asian woman beforehand who in the missus' own words "must have learnt her medical skills and tact from Mengele"...

lancslad

11. Actually, I've heard that the incoming CO at FPH is a man cunningly disguised as a woman. Sorry, my mistake, that's the present one. What I meant to say was that the incoming one is a bit of a tube apparently..

12. Karabiner and Sky Monkey

if you two dont play nicely, as you have for a while, you'll both go on the naughty step.

13. You couldn't punch me up the bracket if you had an electrified bracket punching machine. Pfft, bother me not with your foolish and idle threats.

Earl Grey? The drink of Kings my fine and dandy fellow not like that proletariat gunge that you drink. PG tips wasn't it? Yuk.

As for the incoming/outgoing CO thing, it's a close call between them both as to who's the more masculine. What do you think?

www.nicecupofteandasitdown.com

14. Earl Grey! how many whore houses did he own again??

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I heard the whole of RSCH will go in due course. But how FPH will cope is the question. St Peters in Chertsey is a $hithole.