Military Provost Staff Selection (Reserves)

Mauser

Crow
Hello
I am currently serving as a reservist, a chef in the RLC in Scotland and interested in transferring across to the Military Provost Staff in the future. I do enjoy working as an army chef and intend to remain in the role for the next few years, although I do consider changing jobs in the future. On an AC in N.Ireland, I had the opportunity to meet and work with MPS reservists. I became interested in their line of work and they all came from a very diverse range of previous roles including chefs, engineers and infantry. I've been a reservist for just over three years now. At the moment I study at Uni and once I finish my degree I'm considering transferring across to the MPS reserve. By then, I aim to have received my lance jack in the RLC. For the future, I do hope to go into the regular army either continuing as a chef or going MPS fulltime.
I have tried to find information regarding the selection process for personnel who wish to transfer into the MPS reserves. However, very little information actually exists on the subject on the British Army website with the RMPs and MPGS the main focus. I know they only accept serving personnel which of course I qualify, but I can't find anything else regarding their recruitment requirements.
Some sources online mentioned they were based in Livingston but I think that is actually an RMP unit?
Thank you.

Hello
I am currently serving as a reservist, a chef in the RLC in Scotland and interested in transferring across to the Military Provost Staff in the future. I do enjoy working as an army chef and intend to remain in the role for the next few years, although I do consider changing jobs in the future. On an AC in N.Ireland, I had the opportunity to meet and work with MPS reservists. I became interested in their line of work and they all came from a very diverse range of previous roles including chefs, engineers and infantry. I've been a reservist for just over three years now. At the moment I study at Uni and once I finish my degree I'm considering transferring across to the MPS reserve. By then, I aim to have received my lance jack in the RLC. For the future, I do hope to go into the regular army either continuing as a chef or going MPS fulltime.
I have tried to find information regarding the selection process for personnel who wish to transfer into the MPS reserves. However, very little information actually exists on the subject on the British Army website with the RMPs and MPGS the main focus. I know they only accept serving personnel which of course I qualify, but I can't find anything else regarding their recruitment requirements.
Some sources online mentioned they were based in Livingston but I think that is actually an RMP unit?
Thank you.
I am ex-RMP (Regular) and you are correct in your assumption that you have to transfer into the MPS from other regiments and corps. It used to be the case that the minimum rank at which you could transfer was Sergeant though they might have changed that to Corporal recommended for promotion to Sergeant. I agree with you that website isn't much help but you can contact RHQ at MCTC on 01206 816795 and I'm sure they will be able to give you a steer in the right direction.

Good luck!

Mauser

Crow
I am ex-RMP (Regular) and you are correct in your assumption that you have to transfer into the MPS from other regiments and corps. It used to be the case that the minimum rank at which you could transfer was Sergeant though they might have changed that to Corporal recommended for promotion to Sergeant. I agree with you that website isn't much help but you can contact RHQ at MCTC on 01206 816795 and I'm sure they will be able to give you a steer in the right direction.

Good luck!
Thank you very much!

Latest Threads