Military Property Advisory Service (MPAS)

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by TheCrab, Feb 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was pointed at this site by a colleague at work: www.mpasuk.com Has anyone ever used them and got any feedback about them - good/bad/indifferent. Looks like one of those 'too good to be true' things that has got me worrying that maybe it is...

2. If you think that being given a tax free and non repayable grant to purchase a property is not for you then the MPAS scheme is not for you. The only restriction is that they only deal in new build property.
    The grant they give out is on avarage £20,000.00.

Why don't you give them a call all their contact details are on the website.

I met them at a brief and they seem a good bunch - you decide.

3. This sounds a little too good to be true. And there doesn't seem to be any rational reason behind the discount.

Is this not a variation of the 'scam' whereby developers offer 'grants' to buyers to entice them to buy at inflated prices? IE They say the property is work 200k and they send that number to the land registry. In reality, they gave the buyers a grant of 20k. Hence, the value of the property is in reality only 180k but they can make it look like it is worth 200k.

?

4. When i looked into it, thats exactly how it seemed to me. Only new builds, and selected areas - there is no real discount, its a notional one

5. Cybershot,

What position in MPAS do you hold?

CBO

6. Thanks for the link CBO - had never heard of this type of scam before.

7. Ibought a house through MPASUK, they were extremely helpful and very accomodating.
    I bought a 4 bedroom town house on the market for £210000 i got the property for £145000 through them.
    I would recommend them to anyone.

WO1 Gregory
    DFSS

8. and the value of the house today?

9. I know a bit about property so I'd like proof of why the low price. Where is it, the Outer Hebrides? When was the completion?

My bullsh*t meter is redlining.

10. The for sale price or asking price is largely irrelevant on property, as with anything else you buy. If you bought it for £145K, that's all it was worth. I think it unlikely that you would have been able to sell it the following day through MPAS (website strangely not working) or any other 3rd party for anything more than you bought it for.