Military Police Phase Two Training

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by sobota, Dec 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all, considering joining the RMP and all my Advisor told me about Phase Two is that its 11 weeks at Southwick Park, where you learn to be a copper? can anyone, preferably with experience actually explain what you do, skills you learn, exercises, etc.

any info much appreciated.
  2. Good to see you've prepared by buying all that Osprey body armour then...

You're kit will be issued to you when you actually join the Army. Ebay is not your friend.
  3. 1. Traffic Control
    2. Domestics
    3. Traffic Control
    4. Barrier Control
    5. Bit more Traffic Control
    6. Traffic Control

Weeks 7 - 11 Traffic Control refresher

4. Further training after basic training you will begin 22 weeks of Phase 2 training at the Defence College of Policing and Guarding (DCPG) at Southwick Park near Fareham, Hampshire. Here, highly experienced instructors use their expertise to teach you every aspect of military policing. Phase 2 training is highly demanding, but its thoroughness will fully prepare you for the reality of your new job. The course will give you high standards of motivation and leadership, because there are times when Royal Military Police personnel are expected to carry out their duties under tough and testing conditions. These are the subjects covered:Civilian and military law. Learning about the law and how it affects operations. Physical training, maintaining and improving on the high level of fitness you gained in basic training. Crime investigation, how police officers investigate, detect and report crimes.Driving, vehicle training will get you licences for cars and Land Rovers.

Phase 2 is undertaken at the Defence Police College.

The training syllabus includes:

Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
    Army Act 1955 (also Navy Act, Air Force Act and Status of Forces in NATO)
    Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (SOCAP 2005)
    Geneva Conventions
    HAIG Rules
    Unarmed Defensive Techniques (UDT)

Recruits are expected to maintain a high level of fitness, this is achieved by:

Personal Fitness Test, generally known in the services as a PFT: An 800 metre warm up as a squad then a 2400 metre (1.5 miles) run to be completed in under ten and a half minutes. For those over 30 the time limit increases at intervals. After training the PFT is conducted on a twice yearly basis; it is a requirement of service personnel to pass.

Combat Fitness Test (CFT): Normally undertaken in a squad wearing combat gear. This is to get the recruit used to "tabbing", a cross between a shuffle and a jog. It is especially useful for airborne troops, who may have been dropped several miles from their objective. This allows troops to get to the objective fast, but not in a way which depletes their fitness and stamina whilst carrying a full kit load.
  5. Sorry to reserrect an old thread but just after a general idea of what Southwick Park is like. I understand it is a training establishment so will have a high bullshit factor but as a transferee, would you say you are "left alone" so to speak or do you just take it on the chin like the rest of the boys and girls? I ask this as having been to Gib Barracks on my B3 we had an Infantryman transfer and was largley left alone in terms of thrashings and excessive bullshit, something that Gib Barracks prides itself on! :)

Cheers in advance, Clunge.