Military planes to land at Newquay Cornwall Airport

Ministry of Defence said:
Military aircraft will be able to land free of charge at Newquay Cornwall Airport, which is adjacent to RAF St Mawgan, as of this week for a trial period.

More...

Seriously, has MoD_RSS taken to posting wind-ups now?

"....adjacent to RAF St. Mawgan"...FFS!

Well it is! The runway was flogged to the council!
Yeah, I know...I just thought it ironic in the extreme that the story could be written up in such a way to make it sound like some kind of new whiz deal, when but a few years ago the situation was reversed!

Feck me that nimrod, I saw parked on the hard standing years ago must have been a figment of my imagination.

Yeah, I know...I just thought it ironic in the extreme that the story could be written up in such a way to make it sound like some kind of new whiz deal, when but a few years ago the situation was reversed!
I think that the MoD_RSS feed simply serves to show us that the MoD press office is just a random bunch of idiots with little or no useful background just madly spinning pump stories.

Let me get this story straight: The RAF gives away its runways to a company called Cornwall Airport Limited and now the RAF is very grateful that the airport company is kind enough to let them use the runways without charge.

That makes about as much sense as giving the military housing to a corporation and renting it back from the corporation.

Oh look, another quality story from Puzzle Palace!

Ministry of Defence said:
Blue Water Navy goes Green!

Thanks to a revolutionary new process, the MoD has been able to generate smart-processes to implement material recycling in major defence projects.

In the first example of its kind, HMS Ark Royal is to be the pilot-project for the Defence Unwanted Material and Broken Equipment Recycling (DUMBER) initiative. Having been scheduled for immeadiate disposal, 'The Ark' would normally have been allowed to rot on a dockyard for years to come. According to Rear-Admiral Hugh J.A. Jenda, this would not only have looked bad, but would have posed a threat to wildlife as well:
"Seagulls like to nest on hulks" he says, "probably due to the reamining fishy whiff. However, they can also be death-traps for the birds - and we often have to deploy teams to free gulls who's heads have become trapped in scuppers."

However, in the case of the 'Ark', twitchers can rest assured that their feathered muses will not suffer such a fate. As the Admiral says:
"We realised that by cutting her up into razor blades, we can not only remove the unwanted hazardous scrap from our Island's shores - and I might take this opportunity to remind readers, that we are in fact an island - but that we could also scrape back some cash to pay for our bigger toys."

Readers in Camp Bastion will therefore be pleased to note that commemerative "M'Ark 3" razor blades will be available in EFIs shortly, at a special price of £50 per pack of 5.

In other news, RAF Regiment Gunners in Afghanistan celebrated lifting their barrier for the 10,000th time......

This is obviously a ploy to keep Williams stag doo costs down to a minimum. He'll be flying into Newquay in a chinook for a "training mission" and unloading a platoon of blokes in matching t-shirts who'll all head straight down to Sailors, stopping for a pastie on the way, to get pissed and chase all the hen party goers. Just like half of the UK's stag bashes.

Let me get this story straight: The RAF gives away its runways to a company called Cornwall Airport Limited and now the RAF is very grateful that the airport company is kind enough to let them use the runways without charge.
No doubt we also resurfaced the runway, a sure fire indicator that MoD is about to sell the site off...