Military Photos - Is it right to display them as a Civvie?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bravo2nothing, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mrs B2N believes it's improper and wrong for me to have my photos on display in our house. Now, granted, I left the Army a few years ago, we aren't on the patch anymore and no matter how hard I try to deny it, I am not going adding anymore photos to my collection.

I thought I had been quite reasonable, relegating my pictures of the course photos in front of the Dakota in Aldershot, my medals proudly mounted and displayed, a pencil drawing of a lob going in, my ceremonial Gurka Khukuri and other assorted memorialbilia to the top of the stairs. She's now insisting that even that display is too much.

My reaction has gone through ups and downs such as, get fucked to am I being unreasonable? I worked hard for these memories and now she's trying behave like it never happened.

In all seriousness, what should I do?

2. Give her a kicking she won't forget - but be a new age man and wear slippers :threaten:

3. Bail out, your bollox are the next thing to go!

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Personally,I think you should be able to have pics of yourself & the lads on the walls.I do (Foto'sof me at Swinderby.MPA.RAFG & Granby,ect)
    It's your history.So what if you're out of the mob.You've done more in the X amount of years that you've been in than any civvie will ever do in their lifetime.
    Put it like this,you're urined off,had a crap day.You get home,crack a beer & look at the photo of you & Dinger on stag in Armagh & it'll cheer you up!Not the phot but the memories.
    We cant live in the past but a reminder of what was is a moral booster in my eye's!Why'd ya think we all come on here even after we've left.We've nowt in common with the 'new breed'.ARRSE is our grounding.
    Hope it makes sence,that McEwans Champion ale is strong sh1te!

5. be proud of yourself, and what youve done in life

get yer pics up on the wall (as long as you done live in west belfast, or west of birmingham for that matter)

6. Cheers mucker....I've had a few tonight myself. Give us a hug?

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

OK,As long as MDN's not around....

8. Be proud, sod the missus, you can always get a new one of them, memories and achievement you cannot replace.

9. It represents a significant part your life, is clearly important to you and that should be respected.

What does she propose to replace these with? Pictures of her bloody Mother?

10. Ah, I still have all of mine (including ones in front of the same Dakota:) ), had them all up on the wall in the office where I worked at home (past tense due to being currently seperated up from the misses).

No-one that visited considered them sad in fact civvy's, ex squaddies and serving blokes all looked at them with interest and laughed at how old and battered I look after being in civvy street for 6 years! :p

11. He'd love it, swapping spit and other 'juices'.....

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Awww......And I reallllyy fancied a Kebab to!.....

13. Quality bezzering fella's, get the Mcewans in!!

Oh, and keep the photo's....

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

CHEERS Darth!!!
    All Hail to the ale....

15. the fact that this question even has to be asks brings into question wether or not you were in fact in the army as any squaddie would know the bint in doors dosent get a say, at least thats what i am saying while shes in bed with a headake, as ppl b4 me have said it would be very sad not to be able to remember a part of your life that lasted a long time in most ppls case's, all my pictures are proudly up on the stairs/landing/kitchen and bathroom and anywere else she dosent mind them being.