Military Parliament

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 123, Feb 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 123

123 LE

• Like Like x 1
  2. 123

123 LE

Well, to be fair, he never implied that ex-Military MPs should all ex-officers, just Military or ex-Military.

3. £50 to H4H when the first ex-squaddie shouts Naked Bar!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 123

123 LE

Could Ed Miliband be the catalyst of a parliamentary chrysalis? Will that sluggish Caterpillar of modern Parliament shed its skin and turn into a butterfly - winged, colourful, something beautiful and majestic?

5. Sadly I fear it never will. The proportion Of lawyers and professional politico's won't change until a fair few of their heads are on spikes on the embankment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 123

123 LE

That said, David Cameron is a brave, brave man with a daring cabinet.

7. And I never said that ex-military MPs should be ex-officers either; the example cited in the BBC article is that of Dan Jarvis, a retired Major. My observation was that if Milipede believes that middle class professions are journalism, law, etc., since did when being a commissioned officer fall so low down the career ladder?

8. 123

123 LE

Oh, ok - I get you now. My mistake. However, it was the BBC who cited Dan Jarvis as an example of an ex-Military man who is now an MP. Miliband didn't mention him.

Wait, or maybe he did - these media sources are good at ambiguous reportage. It's inconclusive from the report whether the Dan Jarvis example was Milibands or the Beebs own.

9. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Of course, Dan Jarvis isn't the only ex-military Labour MP. I wonder why the Rt Honourable Member for the Falkirk didn't rate a mention?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

10. Because he won't get a round in at the Commons bar?

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Good of that nice Mr Milliband to patronise all the squaddies being made redundant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 123

123 LE

How is it patronising?

13. Because he's a dick?

• Like Like x 1