Military Off Road Exercise

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Discovery001, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The 1st round of BAFMA, Ex Rickshaw Ramble will take place over the period 18/19/20 Jan 08 at Longmoor Camp. This exercise is completely off road and excellent training tool for operations. www.bafma-online.co.uk

2. Awesome fun, having taken part as a driver and a navigator well recommended.

3. I took part in the recent Ex Roadmaster, also held at Longmoor.

It was good fun; however the whole organization and structure of hese events needs a serious overhaul especially in regard to drivers hours.

BAFMA has had a very close call with the RTA that occured on return from Roadmaster.

I think the newly appointed BAFMA MD, and his "helpers" may shake a few things up.

But I will certainly be encouraging my guys to attend.

4. There is a lot of work to be done there and i think the MD appointed will have his work cut out.

Its a mammoth task not only from the work load but from the amount of civis he will have to either get rid of or educate.

5. Agreed and it wont be changed by the next event, but its the "old boys network" that causes the problems. A few of them will be given the boot especially after their attitude and behaviour on Roadmaster.