Military Obituaries

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Group_Captain_Mandrake, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just skimming through the Telegraph obit page and got me thinking whether there was any interest/capacity/point in creating an military Obituary forum or at least a sticky.

It may seem irrelevant to many, but in the past couple of weeks i've read a couple of stonking stories of the exploits of great men and women that i've certainly never heard of. To my mind this would be a decent way of ensuring that their stories aren't consigned to history with nobody noticing

Just a thought

GCM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/5033783/Captain-Michael-St-John.html

2. I think it would be a cracking idea. I've read a couple of the Telegraph military obits books and thereare some fantastic stories that otherwise will be gone forever.

D_B

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's been mentioned / suggested a few times before. The COs weren't too keen on the idea and I believe the consensus was that this sticky in the Military History forum for mil and related obits was sufficient.

4. There is one. Think its in the Military History Forum

Edited to add its a Sticky

5. I suppose the search option would have been worth using here

Duly noted

GCM