Military Must Prep Now for ‘Mutant’ Future, Researchers Warn

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by alib, Dec 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Wired's Danger Room Military Must Prep Now for ‘Mutant’ Future, Researchers Warn
    I don't care if you are a genetically mutated super soldier in a cybernetic exo-skeleton some **** is still going to call you a hat.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Its already been done silly !!! look at the comic 2000AD starting about the mid 80s .. Rogue Trooper.. norts v southers for Nu earth the planet closest to a very strategic black hole.Not sure being bright blue confers any advantage though..

3. I think some college nerds got a bit to carried away comparing White Dwarf editions...

The only way this sort of thing will fly is some sort of orphan/artifical child bearing type scenario cum military creche.

Think 'Soldier'* (is that the one where the old soldiers are washed out, and replaced by new mutants) or Dark Angel with the rather shaggable Jesscia Alba.

* In this the soldiers number, rank insignia and blood group was tattoed on the left(?) cheek. It always puzzled me, as to why you would spend so much time and effort finding super soldiers, but then not keep them the same blood group...

4. Aliens. Don't forget aliens. We must always be prepared for those little buggers.

5. Too late, we have had soldiers with 'enhancements' for years.

We used to get guys to pop a little blue pill in the morning then run about all day with a raging hard on. Amused us for hours, though apparently its quite painful after a while.... even more so when people kept 'flicking' it!

6. Sounds like Eton?

• Like Like x 1
  7. We spiked one of our lads with them in a club. He got a few slaps on the dancefloor and was not amused when every jazzmag on camp found its way under the door of his **** pit.....ungrateful ****.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ARRSE mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Royal Ninja Turtle Rifles, here we come!

9. Pongos with bloody huge arms to slap each other over immense distances. Ye Gods!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

How has that gem never been made into a film?

Actually, knowing Hollywood, they would probably **** it right up.

11. Genetic enhancements? Some people really do have too much time on their hands. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to measure the methane output of male bovines...

12. Saturday night mit becks, desert boots unt giros. Take on any c***!!

13. I've been pondering what to say about this for a while.
    I suppose the only major point i can make on this would be this: If you as CDS had the option of tinkering a bit (I.E Tablets, minor implants or whatever) with your soliders and it meant that more of them would come home then would you? We are damn close to the limits of human capability in many area's of fighting but imagine if the SAS had a suppliment to let them see in the dark without NVG or pilots who can interface better/faster with their jets.
    Feel free to tear me to shreds but i think we should disregard the attention seeking headline and look at the more realistic aspects of this story.

Ps i have a truely horrific flu right now so i might be talking bollocks, or it might come out as gibberish