Military motorcycling...JHC

Thought you chaps and esses might enjoy this bit of military nostalgia(1)

Yorkshire Film Archive

(1) Don't think it's been done before.

Mr_Deputy said:
Look at this beast. Saved this pic yesterday.
It's very...you!

Mr_Deputy said:
PE4rocks said:
Mr_Deputy said:
Look at this beast. Saved this pic yesterday.
It's very...you!
Rugged, pratical, sturdy and reliable? 8) Or cheap, shoddy and un-exportable? 8O
If we had a constitution, this is the point where the 'fifth', or it's equivalent, would be invoked. :p

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There is a chap just around the corner from me who has a side car combination. I took it for a spin around the patch the other day, very interesting.

He got it in China. They make them using the factory the Soviets gave them in the 50's which they nicked from BMW in 1945.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mr_Deputy said:
Alsacien said:
A full on Wehrmacht combo with mounted MG42 would be such a laugh to drive around in France..... :D
with 'Troisième fois la chance!..." written on it in large letters.

(3rd time lucky)
The French would probably wave some white bunting at you and go into collaboration mode. If you want too prove how hard you are it would have to be an sidecar combo with SS Handschar Division marking riding around Belgrade.

Alsacien

MIA
BuggerAll said:
Mr_Deputy said:
Alsacien said:
A full on Wehrmacht combo with mounted MG42 would be such a laugh to drive around in France..... :D
with 'Troisième fois la chance!..." written on it in large letters.

(3rd time lucky)
The French would probably wave some white bunting at you and go into collaboration mode. If you want too prove how hard you are it would have to be an sidecar combo with SS Handschar Division marking riding around Belgrade.
Dare you :D

BuggerAll said:
There is a chap just around the corner from me who has a side car combination. I took it for a spin around the patch the other day, very interesting.

He got it in China. They make them using the factory the Soviets gave them in the 50's which they nicked from BMW in 1945.
You can buy them and the places back date them to WW2 spec come in two colours Afrika Korps yellow (Dunkel Gelb) and panzer grey

Look up F2 motorcycles near Banbury. They have had both Ural and the Chinese machines in stock. Not sure what they stock at the moment because it has been a while since I was up there.