Military motorcycling...JHC

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by PE4rocks, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought you chaps and esses might enjoy this bit of military nostalgia(1)

Yorkshire Film Archive

(1) Don't think it's been done before.

2. It's very...you!

3. If we had a constitution, this is the point where the 'fifth', or it's equivalent, would be invoked. :p

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There is a chap just around the corner from me who has a side car combination. I took it for a spin around the patch the other day, very interesting.

He got it in China. They make them using the factory the Soviets gave them in the 50's which they nicked from BMW in 1945.

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

A full on Wehrmacht combo with mounted MG42 would be such a laugh to drive around in France..... :D

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The French would probably wave some white bunting at you and go into collaboration mode. If you want too prove how hard you are it would have to be an sidecar combo with SS Handschar Division marking riding around Belgrade.

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Dare you :D

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

You can buy them and the places back date them to WW2 spec come in two colours Afrika Korps yellow (Dunkel Gelb) and panzer grey

9. Look up F2 motorcycles near Banbury. They have had both Ural and the Chinese machines in stock. Not sure what they stock at the moment because it has been a while since I was up there.