Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Modelling

It's big enough to use as a coffee table!

An old friend in Ontario scratch built a Lanc in the 90's, that thing was bloody massive.
Just emailed a fella today who started up Ultracast at that time to see if I can find out where to contact some old model club mates, Including Bill "man scale" Christie.

It's been a while, hopefully, I get a reply.

An old friend in Ontario scratch built a Lanc in the 90's, that thing was bloody massive.
Just emailed a fella today who started up Ultracast at that time to see if I can find out where to contact some old model club mates, Including Bill "man scale" Christie.

It's been a while, hopefully, I get a reply.

Bet it wasn't as big as this! 1/3 scale flying B17!!

5-17-18-960-Bally-Bomber-1.jpg

B17.jpg

Was with a mate sorting out his late FILs things when we found some scratch built lancs and spitfires made from perspex about 6 inches long that he had never mentioned to anyone. Reading his diary we found he was ground crew in 617sqd and had made the models from damaged turrets after the dams raid. He never told anyone including his own family about this and we would of loved to talk to him about his experiences.
The models are in pride of place in my mates display cabinet.
You can never tell just by looking at someone what their background was, to my mate he was a bit of a pain as everything had to be just right, no shortcuts or botch jobs, if my mate had known his background he would of understood why.