Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Modelling

I wonder if we are missing out on a hints and tips sticky, Si showing how he did his superb tail hook colours on
his 1/32 SBD, one from daz of wiring and landing gear superdetailing from scratch, one from PFgen on the gunsights and coloured periscopes on his Bradley, and one from me about how to do small scale health and safety signs and hazard warnings (just about to do these on my 1/144 scale SR.N4) maybe one on how to do 1/35th scale firearms colours, from Brewmeister. we could keep the chatter out of it, and just have it as something you can pop into for tips.

I've done that in the dauntless thread - build your own decals is in there
And I only do knackard ones :)
IMG_20180918_053412.jpg
IMG_20180918_053432.jpg

That looks good. Its time we had a few more Spits to go up against all these 109s that keep appearing.

It’s a nice kit. A lot of resin and a bit of etch. No engine unlike the Tamiya spit. Pretty good reviews of it from what I’ve read

It’s fate I tell you

C4081DF5-5DE1-4EC4-92D6-D6006A5AC386.jpeg

It’s calling me......

Just had two go over the house flying nice and low. Grabbed this shot with th bi-phone so it’s not too good unfortunately

the unmistakable sound you can't ignore

Sat in the kitchen watching shite when the mrs pipes up ‘is that a Wokka I can hear?’ So out we all go and she’s says ‘I’ve got one of those in the living room’ lucky girl

Last edited by a moderator:
and one from Si and daz about painting your own decals as Robbo_72 suggested.

I'm starting back up and plan on doing a build log for this:

maxresdefault.jpg

revell-c18-04950_04.jpg

Not military, but it should get me back into the swing, first airliner since I was a kid and built Concord.

Would like to try and LED it up (interior and base) and use this as a base with a modded DC fitting for the power, lighty up eyes and nice and weighty.

resize

Iron Maiden - Book Of Souls Candle Holder

Might have a butchers for some resin aftermarket if it exists.

Should like nice on my desk ;)

1920px-Boeing747-IronMaiden01.jpg

Sat in the kitchen watching shite when the mrs pipes up ‘is that a Wokka I can hear?’ So our we all go and she’s says ‘I’ve got one of those in the living room’ lucky girl
Shortly to become two...congratulations, its twins ………………………….rotors that is :)