Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Modelling

That may be it!! In which case just dug this out and may finish it to get back into the modelling - assuming i can find all the rest of the parts of course....

View attachment 335322

It’s a Hobbyboss TUM with a razor saw taken to it
I looks like it's been left a little too long in the vehicle park, as the Kingos passed through. Check for fingerprints.

I looks like it's been left a little too long in the vehicle park, as the Kingos passed through. Check for fingerprints.

Its a bit grubby and bits of it are going to find themselves in detol for a bit and re-done with a decent airbrush - my old airbrush was knackered when I sprayed it

Its a bit grubby and bits of it are going to find themselves in detol for a bit and re-done with a decent airbrush - my old airbrush was knackered when I sprayed it
I was joshing you - and referring to the thieving tendencies of some (real life) soldiers and (real life) LRs. It will turn out great, I am sure.

I was joshing you - and referring to the thieving tendencies of some (real life) soldiers and (real life) LRs. It will turn out great, I am sure.

you havent seen the paintwork!! I reckon plod must have a field day on Waltbay - the amount of suspect kit on there is enough to make a tax payer weep!!

Nearly done! Bit of light weathering to do yet. Just waiting for the varnish to dry, and the super glue fixing the antenna to harden. I thought the bloody stuff was supposed to be instant!? I also toned down the green as it was too... well...green. Anyway, Vickers Mk VIB of HQ Sqn 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards, France, May/June 1940.

View attachment 335406

As Lt. Gruber would have said, "Thats a nice little tank". Amazing what can be done with such a small kit.

Last night I thought I'd have a go at making some cloth straps for the seat harness in the Corsair. What a mess, superglue everywhere and a crumpled mess of material left over. Threw the lot against the wall and its still hanging there. I'll scrape it off tonight. Thought if I glued two pieces together with a copper wire between them I'd be able to bend the harness as required. Good idea poorly executed. I'm glad I had the foresight to put on a pair of disposable gloves. Was informed this morning that I should have used tailor's glue for the cloth. Oh well back to the drawing board.

the bike moving on, now for some tinware..
2w524qq.jpg

aha, look what turned up from e bay, wanted one of these for a while, it's post war of course, so it'll sit in the stash post Pacific war, like the real thing really.
rw19pg.jpg
The boxes were so much better then......................shame the kits are dodgy as feck :)

Well my Pacific models are ordered.

- Mitsubishi A6M5c Type 52 (Hasegawa)
- Aichi D3A1 Type 99 (Hasegawa)
- Grumman Wildcat FM-1 (Hobby Boss)

- Douglas Dauntless (Italieri, Accurate Miniatures tooling)

Already built are the F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, P-38 Lightning and the F4U Corsair so they don't count.

Too late for the war will be the Sea Fury.

Already built are the F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, P-38 Lightning and the F4U Corsair so they don't count.

you're the first to declare an Enemy Plane in the GB, The A6M5c and the D3A1, good that we've got at least two IJN for some Oriental Colours.

I always assumed that the Devine Wind boys used older planes for the Kamikaze raids, but here it suggests Zeros were used too.
Kamikaze - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Bloody hell thats a lot of graft!!