Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Modelling

There’s a sound unit inside. Recording of a real 88mm firing. Engine sounds are of a Maybach 230 series (its the Saumeur King Tiger but close enough).

I'm going on holiday to the Loire in July. Hoping to revisit the Saumur museum again with sone and grandson in tow (I went there last year). I'd love to see the King Tiger on the move... :)

There’s a sound unit inside. Recording of a real 88mm firing. Engine sounds are of a Maybach 230 series (its the Saumeur King Tiger but close enough).

I'm going on holiday to the Loire in July. Hoping to revisit the Saumur museum again with sone and grandson in tow (I went there last year). I'd love to see the King Tiger on the move... :)

Grossly underpowered, over engineered, but.....

Bloody marvellous eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody marvellous eh

it's interesting how current historical thinking changes, the current thinking now is that King Tiger or Tiger two, was quite agile, the trouble was that inexperienced crews didn't understand how to look after it, and if it broke down the only other vehicle available to toe it was another King Tiger, I expect the argument will go full swing and we'll go back to King Tigers being underpowered and hard to move.

Bloody marvellous eh

it's interesting how current historical thinking changes, the current thinking now is that King Tiger or Tiger two, was quite agile, the trouble was that inexperienced crews didn't understand how to look after it, and if it broke down the only other vehicle available to toe it was another King Tiger, I expect the argument will go full swing and we'll go back to King Tigers being underpowered and hard to move.

I’ve not heard that one before. However it would make sense. There was nowt to recover a Tiger 1 other than 2 of those massive half track jobbies linked together, for example, which was hardly a sensible use of scarce resources. Fook knows how they’d have coped if the Maus had ever got beyond prototype stage. All that kind of thing was as good as lost if it broke down by that stage of the war.

The state of the table at the moment. The P-38 is proving to be a breath of fresh air detail wise after the P-61.
The A-26 in the background is proving to need almost as much filler as the P-61.

Can’t wait to attack the Eduard 109 G-6 that arrived yesterday. I will not be making anymore old molds in future.
5DCAB217-EBA0-4B42-8002-D2751BAEF566.jpeg

The state of the table at the moment. The P-38 is proving to be a breath of fresh air detail wise after the P-61.
The A-26 in the background is proving to need almost as much filler as the P-61.

Can’t wait to attack the Eduard 109 G-6 that arrived yesterday. I will not be making anymore old molds in future.
View attachment 332152
I said that once or twice as well :) Mind you, I'm not daft enough to have 3 on the go at one time :)

Re the G6, is that the weekend or the bells and whistles edition (profile pack)

Late G-6 Profipak. I'm just flicking through color schemes to use.

I do recommend the HobbyBoss P-38 though. It is a very nice kit. Few parts but it goes together nicely.
I've got the G-5 variant in Profipak form sitting in the stash for when I get around to it, the G-6 inhabiting the pile is the weekend edition, along with the Eduard's F-4, I'm quite tempted by the new G-14 they've got on offer........just a matter of getting some time to build the bloody things, along with the 3 ICM F-2/4's and a T-2 that are sitting on the side :)

I'm still tempted by the HobbyBoss P-38, I do like their kits.

Empty King Tiger Engine bay, soon to change...
x6mvkk.jpg

components that go in the engine bay with the engine, half the total amount supplied with the kit as one whole side has been cut away
2gsefph.jpg

While that lot dries the primer coat, this arrived from e bay, 1/72 Italeri SR71 Blackbird. I'll go through the kit on here if you like and take a look at the frames...
jr401f.jpg