Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Modelling

Looking bloody good, did you manage to get that list together of the paints you used? I'll give them a go on some 28mm.

Cheers mate. Sorry, thought I'd posted them on here but it was on the MilMod site. Paints as folliws:

I used Humbrol acrylics - only five colours but mixed to get the right shades. 34 white, 80 grass green, 93 desert yellow, 98 chocolate and 110 natural wood.
The base colour is a pale muddy green made up of 34, 80 and 110. Then over that irregular patches of a slightly yellower hue made by adding a bit of 93. Over that patches of very pale brown - 34 and 110 - gradually darkening the mix until you're using pure 110. The darker green is 80 with a bit of 110 added to tone it down. 80 on its own is too bright. The pale flecks are the base colour with a lot of white added, and the dark brown is pure 98.

Lots of mixing I'm afraid! Probably would've been easier using enamels as they don't dry as quickly, however acrylics give a better matt finish. See how you get on!

Thanks for that, I'll have a try. All my paints are Vallejo, but there are colour equivalency charts on the net. Or I might give Humbrol a go, it'll probably bring back a few memories of being a ten year old with a Spitfire. Cheers.

Right, based, shaded and varnished! His Majesty’s finest hearts of oak, from HMS Chlamydia and under the command of Lt Fellatio Lawnmower, assisted by Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Roger the Cabin Boy, ready for the off!!
2b0441b15e8e2dc5fa87f97294fb2cae.jpg
898613dc499ab0a500ed18f6d1df81d3.jpg

They’re having their first outing this afternoon so we’ll see how they do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So......did they win ? :)

Having rowed His Majesty’s 32nd of Foot ashore on the Island of Musique, one party under Master Bates got trounced by some local rebels with Big Choppers while the other party under Lt Roger Boyes holed up in the Governor’s mansion. While they held off the locals, they failed in evacuating the Governor back down to the boats! So - meh!

We were playing a participation game called Lost in Musique for Sharp Practice if anyone has heard of it. Great rule set - lots of fun!
99a98c80ecf57a1f4aa2d5964a3b132c.jpg
25546226df25e3442b402263ef364300.jpg
463d28c28673c35212073fe649409278.jpg

Having rowed His Majesty’s 32nd of Foot ashore on the Island of Musique, one party under Master Bates got trounced by some local rebels with Big Choppers while the other party under Lt Roger Boyes holed up in the Governor’s mansion. While they held off the locals, they failed in evacuating the Governor back down to the boats! So - meh!

We were playing a participation game called Lost in Musique for Sharp Practice if anyone has heard of it. Great rule set - lots of fun!

Governor probably evacuated himself when he saw the rebs brandishing their big choppers. Mission accomplished, fact that he missed the boat is but a minor detail.

Getting there folks
604e38b30ff58281badeca5b042c98e7.jpg

0c30732063e0061cc20afb5b8484a89e.jpg

Mechanically complete. Hatches for the commander & loader to finish (waiting on paint to dry). Then a final rattle can of yellow, followed by the green cam over spray. Then I’ll fit all the pioneer tools etc, decals & that’ll be it

Getting there folks

Mechanically complete. Hatches for the commander & loader to finish (waiting on paint to dry). Then a final rattle can of yellow, followed by the green cam over spray. Then I’ll fit all the pioneer tools etc, decals & that’ll be it

You do know we expect to see the video of it in action don't you? :)

Getting there folks

It’ll come, it’ll come.... I do have one from when all the running gear was sorted but I don’t seem to be able to upload it

[QUOTE="JT0475, post: 8476851, member: 19702"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hi there,

What is the manufacturer of your kit ? The reason that I ask is that I was pretty ill before Xmas and I bought the Heng Long R/C Tiger to cheer me up. Most of the holes for accesories are in the same place as yours'. When you power up your tank, you are in for a very happy surprise.

Having completed my 28mm tribute to Rum, Sodemy and the Lash, I’ve set myself something slightly bigger for my next challenge:
af7e98dfff2718ce2b8f2cf2f76ee4da.jpg

54mm anyone? Brings back memories of Airfix multiparts and strips of paper for slings, cross-belts and horse-furniture (for the more grey-haired amongst us!)

Having completed my 28mm tribute to Rum, Sodemy and the Lash, I’ve set myself something slightly bigger for my next challenge:
54mm anyone? Brings back memories of Airfix multiparts and strips of paper for slings, cross-belts and horse-furniture (for the more grey-haired amongst us!)

Grey hairs - we're getting there. Memories of cutting up impossible pieces of plastic for horse harnesses and assorted straps - check. Collection of old bits and pieces in the stash - check. Still have a 1/12th scale Bengal Lancer. To many faults at that size to make it look good. Might try in a few years when the hair has gone grey and the first grey pube makes its appearance.

The noise is great when you fire then up for the first time. If you have a public standing around its possible to make it sound like your having a bit of bother starting it before the engine roars. The low turbine whine on the Leopard when it starts is just as good. I keep it behind the sofa and fire it up while the others are still trying to get their heads round the controls on the Tigers. Let battle commence (if you have the optional shot detection system).

The noise is great when you fire then up for the first time. If you have a public standing around its possible to make it sound like your having a bit of bother starting it before the engine roars. The low turbine whine on the Leopard when it starts is just as good. I keep it behind the sofa and fire it up while the others are still trying to get their heads round the controls on the Tigers. Let battle commence (if you have the optional shot detection system).

At that scale you could probably fit it with a cut down .410. Then battle could really commence! :-D