Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Military Modelling

How do you keep your worktop so tidy?

Tidy, if you saw it you wouldn’t be saying that:-D it’s like a grenade has gone off on the bench at the mo.

What did help was the HZ storage stuff I bought last year, it’s modular and clips together with magnets, not exactly cheap but well worth it

Cheers chaps, some washes have brought a bit more balance
to the flesh tones, here is V2 of one of the crewman.

I found a Vallejo flesh wash in the paint stash and found this useful to map out the areas of shadow.

View attachment 489294

View attachment 489295

Cheers for feedback and the tips.

Dan

I think you will find that this is one of the best, if not THE best thread on Arrse for civilised conversation and a bit of amiable p*sstaking.

There is a wealth of experience and advice to call on and folks are happy to help.

The vitriol, bile and hysterics posted on other threads is thankfully absent here, which means we can get on with stuff and discuss our toys. =-)

Last edited:
I think you will find that this is one of the best, if not THE best thread on Arrse for civilised conversation and a bit of amiable p*sstaking.

There is a wealth of experience and advice to call on and folks are happy to help.

The vitriol, bile and hysterics posted on other threads is thankfully absent here, which means we can get on with stuff and discuss our toys. =-)
Thanks for your comments @Rodney2q it shows the level of respect we all have for each other and how much we're all prepared to help each other. To be honest, I was hesitant at first about joining the forum, being nothing more than a dabbler, however, having read many comments and dipped my metaphorical toe in the water, I find I spend more time on this forum than any other. It is the efforts of everyone that makes this a friendly, welcoming place and an area of the site which can expand with the same like-minded people.
Keep up the good work guys and keep the dross out.

A cpl of updated pics of both current options on the Op Banner fig & a cpl of the RAF BoB Pilot just waiting for his new para harness straps hanging from the seat pack to be washed & highlighted.

Attachments

• DSCF0571.JPG
    DSCF0571.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF0577.JPG
    DSCF0577.JPG
    446.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0604.JPG
    DSCF0604.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0597.JPG
    DSCF0597.JPG
    568.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0599.JPG
    DSCF0599.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for your comments @Rodney2q it shows the level of respect we all have for each other and how much we're all prepared to help each other. To be honest, I was hesitant at first about joining the forum, being nothing more than a dabbler, however, having read many comments and dipped my metaphorical toe in the water, I find I spend more time on this forum than any other. It is the efforts of everyone that makes this a friendly, welcoming place and an area of the site which can expand with the same like-minded people.
Some people were hesitant on joining the forum like yourself, some of us got rounded up and frogmarched into the forum for some odd reason :)

Some people were hesitant on joining the forum like yourself, some of us got rounded up and frogmarched into the forum for some odd reason :)
I only popped in here to pass on a model I found in a skip and I've been stuck here ever since.
For some unknown reason I haven't yet been RoPed/banned.
Oh! I still have the airfix 1:76 Cromwell MkIV starter kit going begging.