Military Modelling

Kirkz

LE
Number two for @Helm.

I got these just before I got married to a nurse (anyone married to a nurse will have that fantasy punchered the first time they come home from being on shift. The alluring fragrances of hospital are definitely not Chanel. I titled her "Who needs a spoonful of sugar".

View attachment 415656

About 80mm and I think possibly Phoenix models.
I'll make a donation to RBL for those two beauties.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@offog is the RHA Driver still available? Donation available for RBL

Right chaps, I'm looking for opinions here.
I'm after a 1/35th Panzer IV Ausf D, F2 of H. I know there are a lot of them out there, but some have been around for years, and I'm not sure if they would compare to newer tooled one's.

Please let me know what you think, and point me in the direction of a good one.

Ta in advance.

PFGEN

GCM
I'm after a 1/35th Panzer IV Ausf D, F2 of H. I know there are a lot of them out there, but some have been around for years, and I'm not sure if they would compare to newer tooled one's.

Ta in advance.
Many years ago, too many to count, I bought the Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf H. I remember it being a good kit, went together well and hide additional turret armour and side skirts. I've been meaning to revisit it for a while now and get another one. I guess there might be more detailed versions on the market now from other suppliers.

1/35 German Pz.Kpfw.IV Panzer IV Early Model Kit

daz

LE

Ta in advance.
It would depend on your bank balance...oh, and if you like to do individual links on a track, Dragon spring to mind in that respect in some of their kits - here's a review of one of theirs Review: Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf H Late Production with Zimmerit | IPMS/USA Reviews

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Might be worth getting hold of a copy of Panzer IV in the Tank craft Series by Pen & Sword Books and available from Amazon for around £15.00. I believe there's an idiot who regularly writes on here, has done a review on this book.
It contains excellent pictures plus colour drawings for various camouflage schemes and a good section comparing the various kits.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Might be worth getting hold of a copy of Panzer IV in the Tank craft Series by Pen & Sword Books and available from Amazon for around £15.00. I believe there's an idiot who regularly writes on here, has done a review on this book.
It contains excellent pictures plus colour drawings for various camouflage schemes and a good section comparing the various kits.
And yet that 'idiot' only gave it two Mr MRHs :flower:

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not exactly military, but as a bit of a break from armour I have just completed a 1/72 Bandai X-wing as a commission. I have used it as a test bed for some new washes (Flory Models - excellent stuff) and the Tamiya weathering pigments. Looking forward to trying them out on some of the 1/35 stash.
IMG_5644.JPG
IMG_5645.JPG
IMG_5650.JPG
IMG_5648.JPG

Not exactly military, but as a bit of a break from armour I have just completed a 1/72 Bandai X-wing as a commission. I have used it as a test bed for some new washes (Flory Models - excellent stuff) and the Tamiya weathering pigments. Looking forward to trying them out on some of the 1/35 stash.View attachment 416303View attachment 416304View attachment 416305View attachment 416306
Excellent work.
And in keeping with the films, as Lucas told his model makers to make them look like they had seen hard use.

Last edited:
Massive brain fart, why was I thinking Spielberg?
Edited and I will go and have a word with myself.
Sure you were right first time - George Lucas.
He got his inspiration for the flight scenes from watching gun camera footage and WW2 aircraft. Spielberg came into the franchise later.
ETA - Woops - those brain farts eh?

ches

LE

Ta in advance.
For the best gen on all kits check out Scalemates. Lists manuf, after market stuff etc & gives dets on best versions etc

Dunno if it's been posted before, handy resource for a/c modelling 360 degree cockpits on Facebook

Cockpit360

offog

LE
@smeg-head and @Kirkz sorry got waylaid yesterday and forgot to say they went into the post yesterday second class so should be there by weeks end.

Picket lots of damsons and making jam today.

Latest Threads