Military Modelling

20190616_205403.jpg
20190616_205403.jpg
I didn't get the look that I was going for with my colour modulation scheme, so I thought that I'd try out an engine fire look.

FB_IMG_1560844425954.jpg

I think that in today's all inclusive society we should include the French. Indeed if you visit the Waterloo site and have a look around the shop you would leave with the impression that Napoleon and the French had won the battle convincingly, hardly a look in for the Duke of Wellington.
Thats because the French have never really accepted that they were soundly beaten!

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
I think that in today's all inclusive society we should include the French. Indeed if you visit the Waterloo site and have a look around the shop you would leave with the impression that Napoleon and the French had won the battle convincingly, hardly a look in for the Duke of Wellington.
I've a friend at work who says exactly the same thing.

lastsurvivors1.jpg

@Auld-Yin that's you back left isn't it? :-D

On a more serious note, this picture was taken only five years before my grandfather was born. By the time the last survivor of Waterloo died he was nearly 13.

We sometimes forget that the men who were at Waterloo and in the Crimea etc,had lives afterwards. The last survivor of Rorke's Drift,Frank Bourne,lived until 1945.
There is film on YT of veterans of the American Civil War at a reunion,I think in the twenties.