Military Modelling

20190407_140003.jpg

Nearly finished. Just gotta apply a green filter, sort out the silver buckles etc, and add some 'dust' to the boots.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
For the moment yes it is 'magic'. Until I work out how to make a strap for it. Any ideas?
Tomato puree tub (after it is empty or you may get an effect you are not ready for).
edited to add - green stuff rolled out.

Last edited:
When Dad made straps for his Scratch built figures, he used a variety of materials. For largeish figures he'd use really thin plasticard. I have seen him use tissue paper. For that he would lay a sheet of tissue on a sheet of glassheld tight and flat. Paint a strip with uho glue longer and wider than you need. Uho is flexible, so once dry, really sharp knife or razorblade cut what you want, fit to what ever and paint.

For the moment yes it is 'magic'. Until I work out how to make a strap for it. Any ideas?
Its not so much the straps.... see above for ideas.... its the bloody buckles to thread them though :)

Buckles, one single strand of copper electric wire. Take a length and wind tightly around something of the diameter you want. Carefully run a knife along to cut into rings. Glue on and paint. Someone's going to say buckles are square, but at a small scale no bugger will notice.