Military Modelling

By the time of Barbarossa they fitted four crew men into the P 35(t). Must have been real cosy.
Although it's a favourite of modellers, the same has been said of the Hetzer. According to many of its crews, the most to be said for it was that at least they weren't having to physically cart the gun around. It was snug to say the least.

Even the StuG III; when you consider that you were getting three guys (commander, gunner and driver) down one side of that gun...

Although it's a favourite of modellers, the same has been said of the Hetzer. According to many of its crews, the most to be said for it was that at least they weren't having to physically cart the gun around. It was snug to say the least.

Even the StuG III; when you consider that you were getting three guys (commander, gunner and driver) down one side of that gun...
Seen quite a few wartime pictures of Hetzers with the hatches open. I'm guessing it was to help get out when it was lit up.

Looks like a pole charge for destroying bunkers. Shove it through the embrasure and pull the string. Bugger that for a game of soldiers! Is he Canadian by the way? He's carrying a Garand and wearing US belt kit, but he also seems to be wearing British Battledress.
29th Ranger Battalion recruited in the UK from the US 29th Division they went through the full Commando course and on a few ops before being disbanded when the 2nd and 5th Ranger Bn's arrived prior to Normandy. In typical US GHQ stupidity we could have had 3 ranger Bn available for D-Day. instead the men were just simply sent back to the 29th division and their former occupations. One Lt was given the job of running the 29th Sniper school but no students were ever sent so he volunteered for the 101st

No more accurate than much of Wiki I'm afraid 6 officers and 45 men of the Rangers under Capt Roy Murray participated in the Dieppe Raid and in that raid Lt Loustalot was the first US WW2 serviceman to die in land warfare on the European mainland.
There is a picture of the Dieppe beach aftermath shows 2 churchill tanks and a burning landing barge, and some of the dead and clearly one of them is wearing an American uniform and leggings. He is thought to be Tech 4 Howard Henry 35125112 of Kentucky. Buried at Normandy American cemetery plot B row 18 grave 5
Howard M. Henry | American Battle Monuments Commission

Shove it into the bunker opening(s) and detonate the TNT filler inside. kills by blast effect (Concussion)
I know that, but those are grenades and there's no way the pins will come out at that angle.

Even the StuG III; when you consider that you were getting three guys (commander, gunner and driver) down one side of that gun
Opportunist reply coming up alert!

You can see for yourself if you are coming to the Weald Foundation visit!

Oh, 6th time lucky.....might even finish this one seeing as its got such enhancements such as locating lugs, pins & holes......................... erh, scratch that, their missing, so its back to welding scrap plastic all over the place

IMG_20190327_222234.jpg

I see you've got a daimler-mercedes dll, I may have some spare plugs for that.

It never occured to me to add locating bits. The Roland Cll didn't have any and it was only due to the cockpit that it all lined up.