Military Modelling

On a tenuous related link B&M or Home Bargains or it could be poundstretcher (she goes in all of them, you could have got it cheap in........... , yes dear, but then I would have had to spend an extra 45 mins in town and traveled from one place to another using more fuel than the 2p I would have saved) have a cake decorating stand that rotates at £3. It's a nice pink but after one or two uses of the airbrush it will be a mix of grey, green and black.

Also going back to the WW1 tank and chain, the handmade jewelry items do a very nice 0.5mm twisted cable in a variety of colours. The craft department can bring up some interesting items.
Now he tells me! Just spent bloody hours spinning cables up for my tank from tiny steel wire, trying to get the tension looking right, and the thickness etc. I feel some shopping therapy coming on!

Fields Of Glory have just brought out a nice little 1/35 scale Austin 7 for the home front. Sweet!

View attachment 382068
1/35 scale resin model kit – 1930 / 1940 Austin Seven – Fields of Glory
On a serious note... You could model that as a military vehicle. Our local TA mob, the Pembroke Yeomanry (then aka 406 Field Battery of 102 (Pembrokeshire Yeomanry) Field Regt RA) bought An Austin 7 in 1936 from Mess funds to use as a Light Recce Car/OP vehicle. The regiment at the time had two batteries of WW1-era, wooden-wheeled 18pdrs and a battery of similarly-aged 4.5-inch howitzers and was theoretically motorised using civilian tractors from 1936, but all recce and OP work was done on horseback or bicycle. The Austin 7 was therefore a massive improvement.

As an aside, they were 'properly' motorised in 1938, with the addition of Morris CDSW tractors and other softskins, but the wooden-wheeled guns stayed until after the war broke out and they had to keep their speed down to 15mph to avoid breaking the wheels.

That's what you're for apart from the fact said post is a sticky of course. ;)
People notice sticky's ??? Narh, that will never happen :)

At least they have the loading ramps. Although I can't imagine that the interior is going to reward opening up the clamshell doors.

Maybe it's as well I didn't get one when I was younger.
What interior would be closer to the mark, you'd be looking at a full internal build if you opened the doors up

While waiting for the new cutting to arrive after scrapping most of the work so far, time to start on whats laughable called the glazing.... well, the framing for it, it's just a tad lacking in......well, being there, leave that dry over night before working on the next section of it

IMG_20190313_222739.jpg

On a serious note... You could model that as a military vehicle. Our local TA mob, the Pembroke Yeomanry (then aka 406 Field Battery of 102 (Pembrokeshire Yeomanry) Field Regt RA) bought An Austin 7 in 1936 from Mess funds to use as a Light Recce Car/OP vehicle. The regiment at the time had two batteries of WW1-era, wooden-wheeled 18pdrs and a battery of similarly-aged 4.5-inch howitzers and was theoretically motorised using civilian tractors from 1936, but all recce and OP work was done on horseback or bicycle. The Austin 7 was therefore a massive improvement.

As an aside, they were 'properly' motorised in 1938, with the addition of Morris CDSW tractors and other softskins, but the wooden-wheeled guns stayed until after the war broke out and they had to keep their speed down to 15mph to avoid breaking the wheels.
There was a 'proper ' military version of the Austin 7, a bit different to the saloon.

PICT0169.jpg.9a66138cd94e61e2d77ee76e0f1d1473.jpg

MT 6249 MULLINER SCOUT CAR 1929-L.jpg

Last edited:
Something I just remembered due to Halftrack whinging about cables.
Sea fishing tackle. A lot of Seafish munch on other Seafish for tiffin. So with that in mind, between the weight and the hook you use a wire trace (line), so the sharp toothed buggers don't cut the line.
So go to a fishing shop and ask for wire trace and see what different types they've got.