Military Modelling

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's arrived. The ICM Ford WOT6 landed in my eager little mitts fresh from Ukraine.
Standby for an in-box review tonight and a build review at a later date. Unfortunately, I have to go to work before hand, but initial inspection looks very promising!

Anyone interested in either of these kits? I don't need them. If you are, a donation to Walking With The Wounded will secure them, otherwise Models For Heroes will get them. So it's a win win either way.

2005_1017Cria0119.JPG

2005_1017Cria0116.JPG

That has brought back a memory of going to Richmond model shop after school and getting the Tiger for my 15th birthday.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone interested in either of these kits? I don't need them. If you are, a donation to Walking With The Wounded will secure them, otherwise Models For Heroes will get them. So it's a win win either way.

View attachment 378576

View attachment 378577
I'd love to say yes (especially to the Elefant - I built the Jadgtiger) but I have too many models awaiting attention already.

They'd be better off going to a good cause than being added to a dusty pile of boxes that I intend to build 'some day'.

I remember that Tiger. Another case of I've started so I'll add it to the stash. Parts of it keep turning up on odd places. Mine is more than 30 years old. That said I think I clocked a new release of it in the local shop along with the Cent, same scale. Tempted but decided against it.

No flippin way!!! Amazing! Just shows that TV and movies aren't all CGI still. Thanks for posting, brightened up my morning!

Speaking of models in movies - back in 2011 my business partner and I made a model of the Stalingrad Grain elevator for a remake of the film Straw Dogs....

Here's some pics of the build...

Some pics of the model on set...

:)

A customer later asked if we could do one for him... he changed his mind when we quoted him £3,000 (but it did include delivery!).

Edited to add - the model was made to 1/300 scale (although the Grain Elevator was actually built smaller as it would have looked way oversized with the surrounding buildings).

There is a lot of work in that.
The model took the two of us 12 days to build - approx 240 man hours... It took us a day to build the crate to transport it to the USA but at least the studio arranged and paid for the shipping... :)

Mind you, we should have charged the film company more than we did - they had a large budget and could easily have afforded another thousand pounds... ;-)

More details about the project here... Straw Dogs film model

That works out at £12.50 an hour based on what you were going to charge your customer! Can you come and work for me? I'll throw in a morning latte and a sticky bun for that money too. ^^