Military Modelling

6 months carrying the blasted thing, 6 rounds in pouch.
Baling out of LR on a contact in the Upper Shantallo, ******* butt of the thing caught the opening of top hatch nearly breaking my neck. Untangled myself, went to step out the back, barrel caught side of opening, pulled me over landing on me arrrse, chipping my coccyx badly.
Rest of Brick, curled up pissed up laughing their heads off. Barstewards.
The HK69A1 had the advantage of a extending stock, making it easier to carry in the side pouch of the ni patrol sack, although it was used rather effectively in 2001-2002

Whatever happened to the ww1 diorama at the royal irish depot when the museum was closed.

With the shank. I can see the shank it's the bit at the other end I couldn't see.
Well I have been know to use a set like these to help me see Hands Free Head Magnifier Visor ...... but only for short periods of time, otherwise I end up throwing up... other people get on with them better

The HK69A1 had the advantage of a extending stock, making it easier to carry in the side pouch of the ni patrol sack, although it was used rather effectively in 2001-2002

Whatever happened to the ww1 diorama at the royal irish depot when the museum was closed.
The thing (I can't describe the THING any other way) was a flare pistol welded on barrel, welded stock.... :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I promised @Northern_Biff a few shots of the other Mat, which is work in progress. I was never 100% happy with the figures

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

Its based on the famous IWM shot of the Mat and gun in North Africa.

The BL5.5 is from InAccurate Armour, and its exactly that - inaccurate and shite to put together

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Well I have been know to use a set like these to help me see Hands Free Head Magnifier Visor ...... but only for short periods of time, otherwise I end up throwing up... other people get on with them better
I use something very similar for the finer detail. Following a detached retina in my 'good eye', my eyes are now beyond the 'they're not what they used to be' and heading towards 'who said that' stage. Any artificial aids are therefore employed as standard.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I promised @Northern_Biff a few shots of the other Mat, which is work in progress. I was never 100% happy with the figures

View attachment 377117
View attachment 377118
View attachment 377119
View attachment 377120
View attachment 377121
Its based on the famous IWM shot of the Mat and gun in North Africa.

The BL5.5 is from InAccurate Armour, and its exactly that - inaccurate and shite to put together
I have a soft spot for any combination that reminds me of the old Airfix sets. Matador and 5.5-inch gun are always a winner. Lovely job on the 1/35 versions, you must have a lot of a spare flat areas on which to display your toys!

I already have the Mat so I'm looking for a suitable one. I've only ever see photos of the Mat with a 5.5.
Any drop shorts advise on any gun the Mat would have been mated to other than the 5.5?
Not a drop short, but the 3.7 AA gun is also an option.

ETA: from Wiki:

For the British Army, it fulfilled a role between field artillery tractors (FATs) such as the Morris C8 Quad, which towed smaller guns such as the 25-pounder gun-howitzer, and the Scammell Pioneer, used for towing the 7.2-inch howitzer. It was commonly used to tow the 5.5-inch medium gun and the QF 3.7-inch AA gun. The Matador was found to be a generally useful vehicle and was adapted for other roles, including carrying a 25-pounder gun. (I'm assuming this last phrase refers to a portee.)

AEC Matador - Wikipedia

ETA2: found one; it would take some fairly radical surgery though.

Last edited: