Military Modelling

daz

LE
That's very kind of you.

SE5a rigging wire particularly how it connects to the wings and body. The same for the control wires.

Thanks very much.
What, you need more pics??? ;)

offog

LE
What, you need more pics??? ;)
Just been revisiting your photos in the ref/image. There are some excellent ones for detail. I think it is a case of something is missing but I'm not sure what. So looking at your photos and the close ups I now see that the control between the flaps is a vertical rod not a wire. It may be a case that I need to trace the start and finish of control wires and see how they attach and to what. Some originate or disappear into the wing. Some pulley wheels have the control wire comming out ot the glass cover and some don't.

I have a de Havilland mosquito model and think I've quite a good job with it. I am particularly fond of the old WW2 British plane models in general and have great fun remaking them. I've just purchased a yank flying fortress model
You know the rules... pictures or it never happened...
And for the interested parties, what scale? Please tell us you’re not a 1/144th scale antfücker ‘cos some of us can’t see that small anymore...

offog

LE
You know the rules... pictures or it never happened...
And for the interested parties, what scale? Please tell us you’re not a 1/144th scale antfücker ‘cos some of us can’t see that small anymore...
Any chance you could use the large font size I left my mag glass up in the loft last night.

I have a de Havilland mosquito model and think I've quite a good job with it. I am particularly fond of the old WW2 British plane models in general and have great fun remaking them. I've just purchased a yank flying fortress model
Which you could potentially turn into one of these, depending on what marque it is:

1549711584265.jpeg

1549711633614.jpeg

1549711660483.jpeg

The Ex Mil Land Rover types are as bad especially with the FFR’s - crammed with every bit of Clansman crap they can lay their hands on - I’ve seen twin VRC321 rigs both with SURF’s - only one would be needed to separate the two radios, with a VRC 353Z crammed between them, a man pack clip in kit on the canopy frame, two TUAAMs on the wings, something else between the driver & passenger seats - all sorts of horrors that you would never see in reality. It’s as though they cannot help themselves and just keep cramming more crap in rather than making the vehicle properly representative of an in service one. I was never happier than when been told my set was a single VRC353Z - piece of piss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a LR at The 7th Armoured Memorial atThetford last year. Wonder if it’s the same bloke.
He had twigs everywhere.

One for the old and bold
British Army Internal Security 1/12th Bust - Maurice Corry | planetFigure | Miniatures
I am seriously contemplating the figure myself.
I found one of these in the loft recently - it needs a bit of repair work on THAT rifle but it might be fun painting it up.

I also have one of these:

Not sure I'd fancy painting the Colours though... :eek:

Edited to add that the 1/12 bust and full figure models are superb! If they did one like that but carrying a baton gun I'd be very tempted...

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I found one of these in the loft recently - it needs a bit of repair work on THAT rifle but it might be fun painting it up.

Edited to add that the 1/12 bust and full figure models are superb! If they did one like that but carrying a baton gun I'd be very tempted...

Here's a couple might interest you
120/BGIM British Baton Gunner and Infantryman, Northern Ireland 1980 – Mitches Military Models
120/BG British Infantry Baton Gunner, Northern Ireland 1980 – Mitches Military Models

offog

LE

A 3rd Bn man?

If that's the case you will have to go on the ignore list.

I would get one for each of my postings starting with the Londonderry soldier but added
1549716984346.png

to cover training at DQD.

Na, you’d never have fitted in that Cheffie.....
It was a struggle, I tell you! Stood in the loader's side, with my feet on the turret floor, my eye level was out of the hatch. How I laughed when they wanted me to crew a T-59 on trials! Mind you, a Gazelle cockpit wasn't much better with two tall blokes elbowing each other all the time :D

A 3rd Bn man?

If that's the case you will have to go on the ignore list.

I would get one for each of my postings starting with the Londonderry soldier but added
View attachment 376960
to cover training at DQD.
2nd Bn... the pic was one from the web as my model is still in the attic somewhere.

It was a struggle, I tell you! Stood in the loader's side, with my feet on the turret floor, my eye level was out of the hatch. How I laughed when they wanted me to crew a T-59 on trials! Mind you, a Gazelle cockpit wasn't much better with two tall blokes elbowing each other all the time :D
Just before I joined the Regt, one Sqn was sent to Sweden and brought back a number of S tanks for trials. Apart from not as good as they made out, anyone over 6ft couldn't get in the things.
ps, they liked to Bury themselves.

Latest Threads