Military Modelling

Bottle opener

I think the DH2 pilot has seen too many movies. Dive towards the ground and pull up at the last second and hope that hapless Hans augers into the deck. :D
Looking at the photo again, it appears that the DH2 is not meant to have landed as the terrain image is of trenches far below the aircraft, in which case, the RFC pilot deserves what he's about to receive for apparently flying straight and level over the front and allowing a slower aircraft to dive on his tail. Dakka, dakka, dakka!

Knackered old airframes used as assembly ships. How about some operational razzle-dazzle?

Because some members have forked out the equivalent of a small South American countries defense budget buying kits of the B24, hence the posted colour schemes :)

Mind you, to try your schemes, they could treat themselves to this package ......... and a Grand Piano or two :)
1/32 Felixstowe F2a & Hansa-Brandenburg W29 Kits

One of my favourite flying boat the F2a Felixstowe. There was a Sqn based at Gt Yarmouth. Those Hansa-Brandenburg seaplanes were interesting two seat monoplane fighter.
Just saw the price of the Wingnut kit.......

:eek:

I really think the designers thought the rear gunners field of fire through. Brilliant idea to move the rudder under the tail. You must admit the W29 is brilliantly thought out though. Especially doing away with the top wing and moving the exhaust downwards as well.

I really think the designers thought the rear gunners field of fire through. Brilliant idea to move the rudder under the tail. You must admit the W29 is brilliantly thought out though. Especially doing away with the top wing and moving the exhaust downwards as well.
Not all W29s had 'downward' exhausts. Suck it up Biggles!

Steam Punk was (quite appropriately) big at the Ali Pali. Here is an interesting take on the Gee Bee racer. The photo doesn't really do it justice.

20190120_110616.jpg

Well when I saw the price of that Wingnut Wings Felixstowe Flyingboat, I truly cringed.
The problem being I haven't physically gone out a model kit since the late 1980s. 24th scale bf109, I really had no idea how high the cost had risen.