Military Modelling

SWMBO has said that i can treat myself to one of those, however the stash is looking a bit like Hannants at the moment.
So you got the yes and still haven't pulled the trigger??? Hannants should be one Lanc short by now.

So you got the yes and still haven't pulled the trigger??? Hannants should be one Lanc short by now.
Don't want to bite off more than i can chew. Got a 1/24 mossie (Airfix) sat in bits in the man cave. Started off ok then was faced with the horror of the soft crappy ammo belts and the awful brownings :-(

Don't want to bite off more than i can chew. Got a 1/24 mossie (Airfix) sat in bits in the man cave. Started off ok then was faced with the horror of the soft crappy ammo belts and the awful brownings :-(
There must be after market for that.

I’ve also got a mossie in 1/24th but haven’t looked at all the aftermarket for it yet.

As an aside - as I’ve got the mossie and the lanc, and you have permission from the OC, best get a lanc mate. It’s ace!!

There must be after market for that.

I’ve also got a mossie in 1/24th but haven’t looked at all the aftermarket for it yet.

As an aside - as I’ve got the mossie and the lanc, and you have permission from the OC, best get a lanc mate. It’s ace!!
She is very good at spending my money so i suspect an ulterior motive behind her generosity. :-D

I remember that in Gutersloh. I also remember having an immense Luftwaffe mess dinner table in Duisburg.

**** knows where it is now.
I know it is off topic and I do apologise to all and sundry.

This place in Nuremberg is just outside the airport fence. Back in WW2 the airport was a functional Luftwaffe base and training centre, the Jugend Hotel/Youth Hostel was the old trainee pilots accomodation building.

Willkommen auf den Seiten des Jugendhotels Nürnberg! Wir freuen uns, dass Sie uns besuchen!

apart from the guns and ammo, how is the rest of the kit, I'm tempted after reading the Haynes.

apart from the guns and ammo, how is the rest of the kit, I'm tempted after reading the Haynes.
At the start i was in awe of it as the detail on the cockpit and engines was quite impressive. Then after having the spindly undercarriage snap a few times and the fit of the engine cowlings being a bit off, my mojo lost it at the nose guns.

At the start i was in awe of it as the detail on the cockpit and engines was quite impressive. Then after having the spindly undercarriage snap a few times and the fit of the engine cowlings being a bit off, my mojo lost it at the nose guns.
There are beads after market guns. Just get on Waltbay and search on 1/24 mosquito. I think there is also a cast undercarriage parts.

Hannants is the other option

There are beads after market guns. Just get on Waltbay and search on 1/24 mosquito. I think there is also a cast undercarriage parts.

Hannants is the other option
Worked a couple of miles down the road from their Hendon shop. Many an hour and money was spent there. Maybe after the Mk V and Schnellboot i will get to grips with it again.

I know it is off topic and I do apologise to all and sundry.

This place in Nuremberg is just outside the airport fence. Back in WW2 the airport was a functional Luftwaffe base and training centre, the Jugend Hotel/Youth Hostel was the old trainee pilots accomodation building.

Willkommen auf den Seiten des Jugendhotels Nürnberg! Wir freuen uns, dass Sie uns besuchen!

In a rather neat segue, Colditz castle is now in part, a youth hostel and in the attic is a 1:1 scale model...
BFB6A9CB-EA2B-46BE-84CC-F96009E9AE29.jpeg

Latest Threads