Military Modelling

Anyone looking for decent AM track sets could do no worse than checking out Masterclub - a russian lot who were at IPMS SMW. Their stuff looked superb compared to the Fruil stuff that imo has gone downhill in casting quality.
The MC stuff was small & if you've got sausage fingers you'd have an eppy losing stuff to the carpet monster but they are knocking these out sub £30 for working set & they don't need glue. I've been trying to track (SWIDT??) down some MK plastic workables for my Pzii & they are well over £35 these days.
MC is metal cast but is very fine in detail & the samples they had to play with were lovely.

Anyone looking for decent AM track sets could do no worse than checking out Masterclub - a russian lot who were at IPMS SMW. Their stuff looked superb compared to the Fruil stuff that imo has gone downhill in casting quality.
The MC stuff was small & if you've got sausage fingers you'd have an eppy losing stuff to the carpet monster but they are knocking these out sub £30 for working set & they don't need glue. I've been trying to track (SWIDT??) down some MK plastic workables for my Pzii & they are well over £35 these days.
MC is metal cast but is very fine in detail & the samples they had to play with were lovely.
Yes, I had a gander at those tracks too. Beautiful they were. Was tempted to get a set for my T34, but as I'm a tight wad I kept my hands firmly in my pockets. It's a proof of concept I'm playing with so keeping it all stock and cheap!

Well here we go for a bit more thread drift. Grandson's railway is proceeding. He asked for a tunnel, like the one on his Duplo set.
DSCF2173.JPG

He got this.
DSCF2164.JPG

As you'll see I've also added a few more buildings. They all come from Home page - Railway Models & Toys from Metcalfe - Ready Cut Card Kits and I can recommend them if you need this sort of thing. Showing my age I couldn't resist doctoring the shop sign
DSCF2171.JPG

The purchase of a new large loco meant a turntable was necessary so that and some siding have been added to complete the track layout.
DSCF2169.JPG

But now a cautionary tale. Work on the above has been delayed, Mrs BP has decided to purchase a new doll's house and unlike most of her previous efforts this one is a kit not an already finished house carcass. Now my wife has no idea what constitutes a right angle and did not do woodwork at school so guess who is building it [Quote "You're doing such a good job on the railway"].
So far so good.
DSCF2162.JPG

Except that the missing chimney stack on the left didn't have any holes for fireplaces. Pointless factoid number 739561 it is normal for dolls houses to have the fireplace in the centre rear wall of the room "because it looks good and you can see it clearly" even if the chimney is somewhere else. In this house that can't happen as that's where the stairs are so additional holes have had to be cut for the fireplaces, which are under construction by Mrs BP so they can be inserted before the chimney stack outer goes around them.
DSCF2158.JPG

Then there's the roof, but as my camera batteries have just died that will have to wait until another day to report.

Perhaps a balcony with 15,000 figures on it might add to the 'wow factor'

Surely "I'm sorry but we haven't the facilities to take you all prisoner" would add more?
You could get these but they might be a wee bit small. They're 28mm.
IMG_0009-1.jpg

The Italian tanks thread has got me hankering after a Semovente M40 75/18. A company called Brach seem to do a nice 1/35 one in resin. Never come across their kits. Any Intel on them?

The Italian tanks thread has got me hankering after a Semovente M40 75/18. A company called Brach seem to do a nice 1/35 one in resin. Never come across their kits. Any Intel on them?
Bloody Americanisms...

It is Int...INT FFS!