Military Modelling

Hey Oyibo, I'll put a link in the RC thread to proven electric set ups that have successfully flown. Your model should be OK on 4 cells, with the correct prop.
Many thanks - the electrical side is witchcraft to me at the moment despite some casual looks on the internet for decent info.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Hope the multiple posts are not too boring, but I am feeling rather chuffed with myself and the plastic covering considering what a spastic I am with models.

The early stage - looking like an OTC command post:

View attachment 357926

After some judicious ironing and some Stella Artois... Behold, a fetishists dream in latex:

View attachment 357927

I plan to spray in in matt varnish before venturing out of my dungeon.

I've even managed to get the leading edge straight:

View attachment 357928

More Stella required
Very nice. Looks really good.

Ahead of the group build starting on the 1st Nov I've been experimenting with barbed wire. It's made from the brass wire off a Rioja bottle, and the screw picket from a reel of tripwire wire that I glommed off the Danes on Herrick 12. I think it's a bit overscale still, and not quite enough barbs but the effect is about right. View attachment 358659 View attachment 358660
OH ! He’s cheated it’s not November 1st yet.

so you are not a fat lad who still has his Stable belt and lightweights with a circa 32" waist then........ and trying to convince yourself that you will squeeze into them at a push........ and even once had a go once but not told the mrs you are officially a fat bastard then, whilst telling yourself a slight diet change, reduced alcohol and exercise will soon get the gut off and you'll fit into them 'no problem'..............?
Oi!! I resemble that remark!!

On the subject of MB figs, there are some superb sets out there but they nearly always need a fair bit of cleaning up, some flash & moulding lines can be very evident. Cheap stuff though & well worth it esp when combined with some Hornet heads.

Anyone know if there is a difference between the German WW1 Mauser standard issue infantry Bolt action rifle and the one the German Army Issued in WW2?
As well as the difference in length and the turned down bolt handle already mentioned the sling on the K98k at the rear went through the side of the stock where the G98 had a sling swivel mounted below the stock.

Ok, I'm going to ask a question and some of you are going to die a little inside lol.

Here we go. What is the correct ww2 colour for a T34/85?

Seems to me that there is a fashion for lighter shades of green these days, but should really be a dark green. Green fades but a wartime 85 won't have faded off by much i would have thought, so was thinking of using XF61 or 65 and lighten the middle of panels with some yellow. But I suppose what ever green you use, if you like it use it.

The Sopwith Camel equipped for, but not fitted with, witchcraft.

I've never put together an RC plane before, but with a pair of pliers and a hammer what on earth could go wrong?

sc electrical.jpg

Just waiting for a receiver before the 'mock-up' test of the electricals and other sorcery

Please, please, please take the prop of when testing. An electric motor will do it's best to show you that you can't stall it even as it's eating it's way through your fingers!

DX6i Tx. On your bipe I would use the dual rates, expo and mixing facilities. I expect you have flown before, but personally I would mix a bit of rudder in with the ailerons, may be on a switch so I could knock it off as necessary.

Please, please, please take the prop of when testing. An electric motor will do it's best to show you that you can't stall it even as it's eating it's way through your fingers!

DX6i Tx. On your bipe I would use the dual rates, expo and mixing facilities. I expect you have flown before, but personally I would mix a bit of rudder in with the ailerons, may be on a switch so I could knock it off as necessary.
I truly don't have a clue what I am doing with the flying side of things - I bought the transmitter for a small e-flite helicopter I had a few years ago but could not get it to bind. I'm waiting for a JR Spektrum Ar6200 DSM2 to be delivered from China as I believe it binds easily with the DX6i. I'll almost certainly try to find someone to help me with the setup, and I'll have a pop with some cheap planes before I crash this one.

Thanks for the earlier steers on the electrics - I still need to marry things up, but I think I have a better idea of where to take it now.

Well noted about the prop...