Military Modelling

I think I posted this video a while ago. He did another 1 day build of some Battlestar models and showed just how fast he can work this stuff. It's brutal and dirty but the end result is undeniable. His workshop is out of this world. Everything a "maker" could want, every power tool or engineering/machining kit you can think of etc. and that's before you consider his prop collection which makes me drool.
To be honest with you most of that stuff is old hat nowadays, z brush is making pretty much all commercial model makers have a rethink. That figure was almost certainly z brushed and 3d printed rather than sculpted conventionally.

I can see a lot of the skills being gone in 10-15 years.

Went for a shuftie round my favourite emporium today and liberated the following two books. Some of the sharper may detect a possible purpose here.

IMG_7929.jpg

You would be right. After my perusal and purchases I came over a trifle esurient and went forth to attempt a purchase of some fermented curd.

Went for a shuftie round my favourite emporium today and liberated the following two books. Some of the sharper may detect a possible purpose here.

View attachment 354959

You would be right. After my perusal and purchases I came over a trifle esurient and went forth to attempt a purchase of some fermented curd.
One - or rather, two - for the Reference Library thread...?

Anyone see that Wingnut Wings have released an Avro Lancaster BIII Special (Dambusters) in 1:32.
HOW BIG!!!!
ps Who's going to be the first to make Challenger 2 Mk2 Black Prince prototype. :cool:

That will be two Lancs on the market at the same time - just read the modelling threads on it. Bonkers