• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Military Modelling

Side-mounted Claymores have been done before. These on an M113, for instance. View attachment 349693

In WWII, the Germans also had an S-mine launcher on earlier marks of the Tiger. The S-mine is a Claymore by any other name.

I really don't see the point of the M231. Then again, I suppose, in the end neither did the Yanks.
These are not claymores but a different type of “ not quite enough to kill you” dispersal system.

Used by the USA in Iraq in prisons after GW1.

Also seen demonstrated by Jackass the movie.

Nasty but only rubber balls.

The Rhodesians did try the same with the SA copy of the claymore , as an anti ambush IA.

First times it failed as , not taking into account Newton’s laws of motion , the back blast or fucck off you messed up this time ment the claymore went off, the balls went towards the enemy and the side of the vehicle collapsed.

Mark two was with a great big **** off metal plate between the claymore and vehicle Side.

I wonder if we are missing out on a hints and tips sticky, Si showing how he did his superb tail hook colours on
his 1/32 SBD, one from daz of wiring and landing gear superdetailing from scratch, one from PFgen on the gunsights and coloured periscopes on his Bradley, and one from me about how to do small scale health and safety signs and hazard warnings (just about to do these on my 1/144 scale SR.N4) maybe one on how to do 1/35th scale firearms colours, from Brewmeister. we could keep the chatter out of it, and just have it as something you can pop into for tips.
The engine ones done for you @SPROCKET321 ……...and I blamed you :)

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/aero-engines-a-right-idiots-guide.286475/

The saga continues.... occasionally. Fitted the main gear and bay doors.

sIMG_7823.jpg

Wanted to add the hydraulic lines provided by Eduards.

sIMG_7820.jpg

They have to fit in seven places simultaneously. Spent about four hours on this before jacking it. Tried fitting parts of it, bending everything, nada. It would have been easier trying to fit an elephant's cock up a tarantula's arrse.

Not much better with rear bay either. Eduards provides the shiny bit in the picture.

sIMG_7822.jpg

That's roughly in the place it should be and looks ok until you consider that the other one is the same. In other words two of them are never going to fit. I'm convinced Eduards is fecking winging it with a lot of this PE. Needless to say I won't be fitting this either. Its joining the rest in the gash PE box for later possible use, might make an interesting fence in 144th scale.

The saga continues.... occasionally. Fitted the main gear and bay doors.

View attachment 353035

Wanted to add the hydraulic lines provided by Eduards.

View attachment 353036

They have to fit in seven places simultaneously. Spent about four hours on this before jacking it. Tried fitting parts of it, bending everything, nada. It would have been easier trying to fit an elephant's cock up a tarantula's arrse.

Not much better with rear bay either. Eduards provides the shiny bit in the picture.

View attachment 353037

That's roughly in the place it should be and looks ok until you consider that the other one is the same. In other words two of them are never going to fit. I'm convinced Eduards is fecking winging it with a lot of this PE. Needless to say I won't be fitting this either. Its joining the rest in the gash PE box for later possible use, might make an interesting fence in 144th scale.
A point that's been made many a time before @PFGEN , a shame really as it would of set things off nicely - still, its a cracking build

A point that's been made many a time before @PFGEN , a shame really as it would of set things off nicely - still, its a cracking build
Ederwooda make stuff up IMHO. You are paying a hit load of money for 20% of the stuff that’s useable. If the resin alternatives are out there I’m at a stage where I wonder if you are better off investing in them? Like you say @daz - a point that’s been made loads of times.

@PFGEN - looking good. Take the plunge matey and weather it!! You know you want to!!

Ederwooda make stuff up IMHO. You are paying a hit load of money for 20% of the stuff that’s useable. If the resin alternatives are out there I’m at a stage where I wonder if you are better off investing in them? Like you say @daz - a point that’s been made loads of times.

@PFGEN - looking good. Take the plunge matey and weather it!! You know you want to!!
Hence chinning off their set for the Hellcat, oddly, in that case their version for the hasegawa kit was closer to the real thing …………..arhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Interesting idea that. I thought about a resin pit but after pouring over the various results on the net decided to take the plunge on the PE. Was also a bit hesitant after the screw up with the F16 resin pit (passed off as the wrong scale) which is still sitting on the shelf of doom look accusingly at me.

Weathering; normally I'd shout yes but I want this one to look like the nice shiny Duxford version. Normal grime will be applied to the areas that escape a general wipe down.

Apropos, for interest...

Tank_Museum_20180919_430.jpg

The extension where they have the Afghanistan exhibit and the Chieftains and Chally's.