Military Modelling

and one from Si and daz about painting your own decals as Robbo_72 suggested.

I'm starting back up and plan on doing a build log for this:

Not military, but it should get me back into the swing, first airliner since I was a kid and built Concord.

Would like to try and LED it up (interior and base) and use this as a base with a modded DC fitting for the power, lighty up eyes and nice and weighty.

Iron Maiden - Book Of Souls Candle Holder

Might have a butchers for some resin aftermarket if it exists.

Should like nice on my desk ;)

Sat in the kitchen watching shite when the mrs pipes up ‘is that a Wokka I can hear?’ So our we all go and she’s says ‘I’ve got one of those in the living room’ lucky girl
Shortly to become two...congratulations, its twins ………………………….rotors that is :)

Bit more progress with the oils. I’ll put more snaps in the dauntless build thread

270E4AE7-010A-485C-97D5-0C898C6DA131.jpeg

37FA2E59-9D43-4347-A65F-6D80C6BADCBD.jpeg

Not military, but it should get me back into the swing, first airliner since I was a kid and built Concord.

Would like to try and LED it up (interior and base) and use this as a base with a modded DC fitting for the power, lighty up eyes and nice and weighty.

How about marking it up with the "Live after Death" cover on the tail fin :)

You do need good eyesight and steady hands to make a good job of it
As I am sure you can imagine given you model at 1/48th and 1/72nd, there is a lot of surface to do on a 1/32nd plane, so just simply breaking up the huge expanse of blue thats the upper wing surfaces is a challenge as it could end up looking like a sea of grey. This is not as easy as I thought it would be cause of the surface area.

Still - thats the benefit of oils and white spirit!!

Ahem, Never had a tour plane in the 80's (anorak adjusted) ;)
Never was a Luftwaffe in "46 either, never stopped anyone building them …..go on, you know the Eddie looks better :)

As I am sure you can imagine given you model at 1/48th and 1/72nd, there is a lot of surface to do on a 1/32nd plane, so just simply breaking up the huge expanse of blue thats the upper wing surfaces is a challenge as it could end up looking like a sea of grey. This is not as easy as I thought it would be cause of the surface area.

Still - thats the benefit of oils and white spirit!!
Well, I was replying to the decal question ….but since you mentioned it, that's a cracking explanation on why you're shading with oils, and its really paying off.

Binned the idea of cutting out masks for the tail markings on mine, given it a whirl, but even with the glasses I cant see well enough to cut the bloody things out, so its back to the decals :(

You know you're proper rock gods when you're touring in a private 747 and everyone else is still only stretching to a Lear or 737.

I'm hoping to inspire a few more armour modellers than the couple we've already got...

I'm taking a proper camera and not using my 'phone this time.
I've got a chally 1 and a leopard 3/4s of the way through. No surprises there then... the leopard was the last attempt at gettign me back onto the Wokka.

I like armour and trucks.

welcome to the modelling club Robbo, looking forward to seeing your updates.

WW1 and D Day subjects would be of use, (especially the Mk1/2 male tank they have) can we have some close ups of trench and barbed wire details ww1 style.
I imagine the trench exhibit is still in place so shouldn't be a problem.