• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Military Modelling

and one from Si and daz about painting your own decals as Robbo_72 suggested.

I'm starting back up and plan on doing a build log for this:

Not military, but it should get me back into the swing, first airliner since I was a kid and built Concord.

Would like to try and LED it up (interior and base) and use this as a base with a modded DC fitting for the power, lighty up eyes and nice and weighty.

Iron Maiden - Book Of Souls Candle Holder

Might have a butchers for some resin aftermarket if it exists.

Should like nice on my desk ;)

Sat in the kitchen watching shite when the mrs pipes up ‘is that a Wokka I can hear?’ So our we all go and she’s says ‘I’ve got one of those in the living room’ lucky girl
Shortly to become two...congratulations, its twins ………………………….rotors that is :)

Bit more progress with the oils. I’ll put more snaps in the dauntless build thread

270E4AE7-010A-485C-97D5-0C898C6DA131.jpeg

37FA2E59-9D43-4347-A65F-6D80C6BADCBD.jpeg

Not military, but it should get me back into the swing, first airliner since I was a kid and built Concord.

Would like to try and LED it up (interior and base) and use this as a base with a modded DC fitting for the power, lighty up eyes and nice and weighty.

How about marking it up with the "Live after Death" cover on the tail fin :)

You do need good eyesight and steady hands to make a good job of it
As I am sure you can imagine given you model at 1/48th and 1/72nd, there is a lot of surface to do on a 1/32nd plane, so just simply breaking up the huge expanse of blue thats the upper wing surfaces is a challenge as it could end up looking like a sea of grey. This is not as easy as I thought it would be cause of the surface area.

Still - thats the benefit of oils and white spirit!!

Ahem, Never had a tour plane in the 80's (anorak adjusted) ;)
Never was a Luftwaffe in "46 either, never stopped anyone building them …..go on, you know the Eddie looks better :)

As I am sure you can imagine given you model at 1/48th and 1/72nd, there is a lot of surface to do on a 1/32nd plane, so just simply breaking up the huge expanse of blue thats the upper wing surfaces is a challenge as it could end up looking like a sea of grey. This is not as easy as I thought it would be cause of the surface area.

Still - thats the benefit of oils and white spirit!!
Well, I was replying to the decal question ….but since you mentioned it, that's a cracking explanation on why you're shading with oils, and its really paying off.

Binned the idea of cutting out masks for the tail markings on mine, given it a whirl, but even with the glasses I cant see well enough to cut the bloody things out, so its back to the decals :(

You know you're proper rock gods when you're touring in a private 747 and everyone else is still only stretching to a Lear or 737.

I'm hoping to inspire a few more armour modellers than the couple we've already got...

I'm taking a proper camera and not using my 'phone this time.
I've got a chally 1 and a leopard 3/4s of the way through. No surprises there then... the leopard was the last attempt at gettign me back onto the Wokka.

I like armour and trucks.

welcome to the modelling club Robbo, looking forward to seeing your updates.

WW1 and D Day subjects would be of use, (especially the Mk1/2 male tank they have) can we have some close ups of trench and barbed wire details ww1 style.
I imagine the trench exhibit is still in place so shouldn't be a problem.