Military Modelling

it's hard to criticize a model when the modeller isn't here to defend himself, but that paint chipping looks way overscale, and in places you just don't get chipping, upper bodywork, if he'd concentrated smaller chipping lower down, it would be more "scale"
Some of them did get some hammer, but not the ones that were factory painted - I think the chipping is way over the top as well. The ambulance looks field painted is you ask me - hence the hammer on it

85cdb58e19ba3181cd7d6620d86f205f.jpg

Some of them did get some hammer, but not the ones that were factory painted - I think the chipping is way over the top as well. The ambulance looks field painted is you ask me - hence the hammer on it

View attachment 347084
I guess the field Wksp just did a blow over without keying in the new paint, but your point is well illustrated by this image, the chipping has reached the top of the front body here.

I guess the field Wksp just did a blow over without keying in the new paint, but your point is well illustrated by this image, the chipping has reached the top of the front body here.
and nothing on the sides!!

I assume the red band at the top of the windscreen is tape. What's the purpose?

I assume the red band at the top of the windscreen is tape. What's the purpose?
I was told it is a hi viz air recognition strip.Always seemed a bit small to me,though.
In Bosnia we would have one of the small engine louvre covers painted the same colour.
Edit.
That's the cover on our Warriors,on the top of the hull,just right of the mantlet.

Last edited:
so there is 108 quids worth of eduard etch for the Trumpter Avenger. Views?
Jeesoos wept! That sounds like an AEW Nimrod project. Take Daz's advice and go through the instruction sheets to see what you would need. Like you say, definitely not everything. I've quite a bit of brass over from the Corsair set and just glad I didn't tick all the boxes for Eduard on Hannants website.

Jeesoos wept! That sounds like an AEW Nimrod project. Take Daz's advice and go through the instruction sheets to see what you would need. Like you say, definitely not everything. I've quite a bit of brass over from the Corsair set and just glad I didn't tick all the boxes for Eduard on Hannants website.
Well, there is a nice resin cockpit set on Hannants for around £50, might be an option rather than pissing around with etched sets for the internals :)

Spent fifty notes when I paired it back - not gone for the resin interior. Too bloody pricey. No the wonder people don’t model - prices are a barrier to people having a crack at it. Thy are mental

Orange tape was a visual recognition marking.
My Landies had them plus marker panels which could be draped over the top as and when necessary (never in my unit’s case).

I was told that on Telic,there were lots of problems with the sandy paint.Different batches gave different results.The paint was supposed to wash off with high pressure washers,but some was baked on with the heat.Other batches started to peel almost straight away.Our snatch wagons were almost pristine compared to some other units.

Spent fifty notes when I paired it back - not gone for the resin interior. Too bloody pricey. No the wonder people don’t model - prices are a barrier to people having a crack at it. Thy are mental
you may have a point there, our expensive kit bashing might be putting off some Arrsers from taking up model making, maybe we should have a scrap kit week where we all OOB really cheap and old kits, silk purses out of Sow's ears, daz does it a lot

you may have a point there, our expensive kit bashing might be putting off some Arrsers from taking up model making, maybe we should have a scrap kit week where we all OOB really cheap and old kits, silk purses out of Sow's ears, daz does it a lot
That's because Daz is tighter than a ducks arrse, £20 a kit all in including extras is about as far as I go :)

Excluding paint & glue, the Hellcat came in at £15, kit plus markings :)