Military Modelling

I am curious why everyone is into planes, when they were all in the Army and take the proverbial out of the RAF at any opportunity... ;)
I'm an ex-Crab who likes tanks... I first came here because of the Army historical discussions...

The smell doesn't bother me and you chaps are ok with me. I don't care what the others say about you.

Last edited:
A plea for help...
I got a Tamiya Universal carrier off flea-bay, but it doesn’t have any tracks.
Does anybody have any ideas of where I can get replacements? My Google-fu is weak and only came up with a place in the Netherlands and a price of £25, which is close to 4x what I paid for the kit.

My Riich Bren Carrier turned up this morning. It has some flat bits for the on-ground tracks, plus individual links to go around the sprocket and idler wheels. These are completely beyond my eyesight and manual dexterity levels. If you can source some vinyl tracks, I can do a straight swap.

Link and length track, fiddly as f@ck and might not fit the Tamiya. Resicast do resin lengths for 10 euros a pop.
Minor models have just announced some 3D printed ones for the Bronco Lloyd carrier and i think they are planning to do ones for the vickers light tank and universal.

Minor
That set I linked to is designed for the Tamiya kit

Still needs a little tidying up

IMG_20180818_214421.jpg

Back on the avenger and this engine is getting on my nerves a bit. Been at the bloody thing all night is how it feels to me

DE65E76B-A004-445F-92AD-A6D9FEB7CBB8.jpeg

toning down
IMG_20180818_223947.jpg

Look on the Brightside, that's quick work, that would of taken me a month :)

Does look nice :)
There’s loads could be done on it even now but I can’t be arsed as most obits not seen.

My Riich Bren Carrier turned up this morning. It has some flat bits for the on-ground tracks, plus individual links to go around the sprocket and idler wheels. These are completely beyond my eyesight and manual dexterity levels. If you can source some vinyl tracks, I can do a straight swap.
Cheers, I’ve just bitten the bullet and ordered another kit. I’ll give you a shout when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that an Alfa or an Akula? I always get them confused.
Neither, its a Kawanishi N1K1 "Rex" rather than a post war Soviet Submarine......Your appointment at specsavers is Monday the 20th of Aug, 17.30hours :)

That looks good. I'm trying to get the wiring done on mine after adapting the AM brass. I should have just gone for some fuse wire.
I'm using lead. There is a piece of me things I should have used very fine micro-plastic rod, but once again - no-one will see it.