Military Modelling

That's neat looking work with the scribing.
Apart from the one where I slipped and wreaked it :)

Try again tomorrow after its dried off, then its needs 6 circular hatch plates to be fabbed and fitted ...at this rate, I think the floats are going to take around a week or so to do :)

D Day and the Battle for Normandy sounds good to me, that would also cover most interests, land, sea, air etc
Sounds very sensible and encompassing of a lot of kits, I bet almost everyone will have one in the stash, anyone want to second or third daz's suggestion of D Day and the Battle for Normandy for the next GB after WW1?

Sounds very sensible and encompassing of a lot of kits, I bet almost everyone will have one in the stash, anyone want to second or third daz's suggestion of D Day and the Battle for Normandy for the next GB after WW1?
is this allied forces only??

Milan painted green. The kit has the correct dome at the back of the missile, but the front has a membrane, and the kit has it just as a hollow tube, so some white glue came to the rescue here. Still lots of parts to go on...

Milan painted green. The kit has the correct dome at the back of the missile, but the front has a membrane, and the kit has it just as a hollow tube, so some white glue came to the rescue here. Still lots of parts to go on...
Erm what colour have you got those seats?

Erm what colour have you got those seats?
From memory they should be either black or very dark grey. Hard to tell from the picture.

Seconded.

Never done a 109 before, but with advice from our in house consultant, I might get the colour right for a change. Got this in the stash waiting for next june.
Just don't think you're making a K version out of the box :)

Brace the wings, scratch build, the cockpit not forgetting the MW50 housing/hatch above and behind the seat, delete and re-scribe various panel lines, undercarridge legs will need some work, brake lines etc, wheels could do with changing come to think of it - erh, the exhausts will need drilling or changing, the canopy depicted on the boxart is completely wrong BTW for the K

Best bet is to aim for a G-10 version, or maybe a G-6 :)

Coming on a treat :)

Just don't think you're making a K version out of the box :)

Brace the wings, scratch build, the cockpit not forgetting the MW50 housing/hatch above and behind the seat, delete and re-scribe various panel lines, undercarridge legs will need some work, brake lines etc, wheels could do with changing come to think of it - erh, the exhausts will need drilling or changing, the canopy depicted on the boxart is completely wrong BTW for the K

Best bet is to aim for a G-10 version, or maybe a G-6 :)
Is there anything that doesn't need changed or should @SPROCKET321 just bin the lot from the get go and try for a spit or a mustang?

dusted off the Harder & Steenbeck Evolution to finish this off as I think the Iwata is shite - everyone raves about them but I've never really got away with it.

Anyway

IMG_1502.jpg

dull alu all done now, so next is some masking, then a shade of aircraft green here and there. Unfortunately I'm waiting for the stuff to turn up as mine went off as I've not used it for 2 years. I guess that means the Avenger this weekend if it 'no-shows'.

Evolution deffo the better airbrush

Is there anything that doesn't need changed or should @SPROCKET321 just bin the lot from the get go and try for a spit or a mustang?
Its not a bad kit @PFGEN it just suffers from a common complaint of kits that age, of trying to be to many versions with too few changes to the mouldings, from memory its supposed to cover the G6 to K4 variants, including AS versions - The box art would suggest that its a G-6, to get from there to a K-4 takes a bit of doing :)

Hopefully @SPROCKET321 will enjoy the build regardless :)