Military Modelling

The Lizzies of 28 Sqn and 1 Indian Sqn did incredible CAS work during the Japanese invasion of Burma in 1942. Their remarkably low stalling speed allowed them to stay right down in the weeds and accurately put their paltry bomb-load right in the barrel. Their rugged design also seemed largely impervious to the Ki-21 'Nates' opposing them and their serviceability rate was the envy of other squadrons in theatre, especially the Buffalos of 67 Sqn.

Little bit of progress

AABA6649-7F5F-405F-BB95-3A102784FC87.jpeg

Alclad steel and mig panel wash for the uninitiated if anyone’s following and wanting to have a crack

Little bit of progress

View attachment 343230
Alclad steel and mig panel wash for the uninitiated if anyone’s following and wanting to have a crack
Worth splashing out for, the paint that is? never tried Alclad

BTW, nice engine,saves pissing around with wire and drill bits :)

Most or less done on the white....needs another mist coat later when its dried
IMG_20180721_204611.jpg
IMG_20180721_204619.jpg

Worth splashing out for, the paint that is? never tried Alclad

BTW, nice engine,saves pissing around with wire and drill bits :)
Yep Alclad is worth a shot - and that was quite funny by the way.

0CDC52DB-E506-4F30-8F26-ECA5E5C05C1A.jpeg

The Mrs is back tomoz.....

Gents, I'm in the process of fitting out the workbench in the mancave and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for lighting solutions?
one thing I will say, whatever lighting type you go for, make sure it's right over head of the bench, you don't want it behind you making you cast a giant shadow over your own work.

one thing I will say, whatever lighting type you go for, make sure it's right over head of the bench, you don't want it behind you making you cast a giant shadow over your own work.
How big do you think I am? :eek::D

Well she’s landed so this has to go in an hour and a half which is my last stretch of freedom before she walks in

3C0FCD33-953A-4156-9B05-BBC49562A7EE.jpeg

So I’m just about to tuck into a bacon smarmy with four slices, have a nice brew and glass of orange before I return to misery

I may have cocked up on the woodstain front here, I've used Dark oak and it's a little, well a lot, too dark for a Western vehicle. I may end up using painting effects to get it to look right, I think lifecolor do wood tones. Might even be able to weather it and make it look like it's been in use.

Gents, I'm in the process of fitting out the workbench in the mancave and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for lighting solutions?
I use a nice big anglepoise style light (ebay cheapie). I got the longest I could get and it goes right at the back of the bench and can cover the whole work area either low down for close up or high up to flood the area.

It takes GU10 bulbs and I use led bulbs in warm white not the plain white ones that give a very harsh blueish light which is hard on the eyes for me. The warm white gives a very good "almost daylight" light quality.

I also have a spare halogen bulb on the bench to change to for when I need a bit of heat to bend resin or make epoxy run better when messing round covering my fishing lures with devcon.