Military Modelling

SELL??!!! Look here, we won't stand for that sort of filth on this thread, you know!
What makes me weep even more is that they were 1960s vintage Airfix and Frog kits, where the Lancaster's instrument panel was printed on the instruction sheet and had to be cut out, and the Frog kits had Golden Tokens that you could redeem for free kits.

9 kits in your stash? Amateur.
I know, I’m taking steps to rectify the situation but Mrs Wob has ISTAR assets everywhere.

On a similar subject...Does anybody know of any modelling fairs (or similar) coming up that a man walking his dog may stumble upon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, I’m taking steps to rectify the situation but Mrs Wob has ISTAR assets everywhere.

On a similar subject...Does anybody know of any modelling fairs (or similar) coming up that a man walking his dog may stumble upon?

Hummmmmmmm, you might need to consult a calendar ...such as this UK Shows (All) | IPMS (UK)

A crafty partial solution. Use the larger kits that have some capacity in the boxes to store the smaller one. She won't sus that & you can tell her that the smaller kit was part of the promo set with the biggie.
This can also be done while in the shop/at the trade stand (usually with a knowing sympathetic look from the unwashed individual who was manning the shop/stall) - it also means you have less crap to carry!

The other method is to very quickly bin the kit box (i.e. on the way home), shove the decals & instructions, PE sheets etc in an inside coat pocket for later retrieval. The sprues can then be taken through her personally manned security screening with a declaration of, 'cheapo second hand spares I need for <insert current project here> oh love of mine'.

A crafty partial solution. Use the larger kits that have some capacity in the boxes to store the smaller one. She won't sus that & you can tell her that the smaller kit was part of the promo set with the biggie.
This can also be done while in the shop/at the trade stand (usually with a knowing sympathetic look from the unwashed individual who was manning the shop/stall) - it also means you have less crap to carry!

The other method is to very quickly bin the kit box (i.e. on the way home), shove the decals & instructions, PE sheets etc in an inside coat pocket for later retrieval. The sprues can then be taken through her personally manned security screening with a declaration of, 'cheapo second hand spares I need for <insert current project here> oh love of mine'.
Seems you have put some thought into it.

Seems you have put some thought into it.
Sort of.
She bought me a Zvezda BMW sidecar combo for part of my last birthday, i started it & knackered the front forks. Its a wee twat of a kit truth be told. Very fiddly & imo over detailed. My old mum bought me a DAK 88mm flak at the same time - thats got a BMW in it........so I whacked that together & when the lass asked me how 'her' motorbike is going, i showed her the DAK version saying I hadn't started the sidecar yet. Win.
As long as she doesn't brush up her WW2 AFV recognition I'm on a winner all the way.
Plus i've got a load of stuff partially assembled in my spares box that she hasn't a scooby doo about. She wouldn't know a kubelwagen from a hole in the ground so when she's away for a weekend soon, i'm off to Hobbycraft pronto & getting myself the SAS jeep. De box it, whack it together minus wheels & gats, put it in the spares box for a rainy day. The Aber detail set for it is actually ordered from amazon on the basis that its for the 120mm NI Para I've got on the go......no darling that isn't the makings for a PE sand compass, its actually the mounting bracket for the SUIT on this here chaps SLR...............

Cant find y black primer/base coat anywhere. The downside of not modelling for two years..

So... as we are still in the pacific build, Avenger tonight as I' stuck on the Dauntless till I get some new black primer

What makes me weep even more is that they were 1960s vintage Airfix and Frog kits, where the Lancaster's instrument panel was printed on the instruction sheet and had to be cut out, and the Frog kits had Golden Tokens that you could redeem for free kits.
My father in law came form a Sheffield family who owned a large 'fancy goods' store that sold toys, inter alia. When he left school he went to work for the family firm and was sent to 'learn the trade' at Lines Brother/Triang Hornby. As a result, some 60 or so years later he has Scalextrix and Horny train sets stored in the loft, in their original wrappers. I have seen the Flying Scotsman and LNER Princess Elizabeth sets, which must be worth a mint, but he guards them jealously.

Cant find y black primer/base coat anywhere. The downside of not modelling for two years..

So... as we are still in the pacific build, Avenger tonight as I' stuck on the Dauntless till I get some new black primer
I've been using a Vallejo rattle can for black primer. Goes on nicely and at times I've just slapped on some varnish and called it done when black was the required result. Not sure what it would look like on top of the grey though.

I've been using a Vallejo rattle can for black primer. Goes on nicely and at times I've just slapped on some varnish and called it done when black was the required result. Not sure what it would look like on top of the grey though.
I've ordered some.

I could always do the Wokka I suppose