Military Modelling

I painted the walkways earlier

IMG_3588.jpg


Took off the masking paper and ohhhhh ya bugger, it had taken some decal off with it.

IMG_3589.jpg


Luckily I managed to find the missing piece of decal, and very, very.....very carefully peeled it off the back of the masking tape with some flat nose tweezers and a scalpel.
A bit of Microsol and it's back on.

IMG_3591.jpg


Just needs a bit of touching up and mistake covered up :)
 
I painted the walkways earlier

View attachment 342062

Took off the masking paper and ohhhhh ya bugger, it had taken some decal off with it.

View attachment 342063

Luckily I managed to find the missing piece of decal, and very, very.....very carefully peeled it off the back of the masking tape with some flat nose tweezers and a scalpel.
A bit of Microsol and it's back on.

View attachment 342064

Just needs a bit of touching up and mistake covered up :)
bit of silver and soot and we'd never notice :)
 
Bugger, broke the carburettor leaver off, also noticed that theres no landing/flap gear indicator on the panel...dials need more decalfix then vanishing

IMG_20180712_213900.jpg
 
I painted the walkways earlier

View attachment 342062

Took off the masking paper and ohhhhh ya bugger, it had taken some decal off with it.

View attachment 342063

Luckily I managed to find the missing piece of decal, and very, very.....very carefully peeled it off the back of the masking tape with some flat nose tweezers and a scalpel.
A bit of Microsol and it's back on.

View attachment 342064

Just needs a bit of touching up and mistake covered up :)
Surely decals should go on last...?
 
Finally bodged up a new version of the throttle quadrant.

sIMG_0594.jpg


Wiring loom added to the instruments on the side wall (not shown above) as well as linkages between the throttle and the engine. Cockpit added and its starting to look like an aircraft even down to the speed tape.

sIMG_0595.jpg


The cockpit assembly wasn't glued together but only slotted together. It was only fixed to the side walls when I was sure it was in the right place. This allowed for final adjustments ensuring its correct placement. Had I glued it earlier I would have had issues getting it into the right place and closing the fuselage.

sIMG_0597.jpg


Photo isn't great but I'm happy with that. Can't see the wiring looms that I added but the throttle looks like it might control something.
 
Well after all that I've ended up going the same route as @SPROCKET321

IMG_0959.jpg

superglue - its too fiddly for soldering with my eyesight these days.

One small tip whilst I'm on in case anyone wasnt aware

IMG_0960.jpg

dissolves superglue, so if you make a mess, wet a cotton bud and moisten the CA glue. It will then lift off with a scalpel blade with a gentle scrape.

just saying.

Avenger due to turn up today, so its band of brother tonight and crack on with the plane!!
 
Hesitate to show the mini MINI, but here's where I am:

IMG_0310.jpg


The ropy work round the back wheel arh will be covered by decals. Think I'm going to need to weather this one, though...
 
The detail on them looks to be amazing. And I do have a bit of a weird crush on the Spit.
If you're British and don't have a crush on the Spit then you're clearly dead inside!

Or foreign.
 
Last edited:
I painted the walkways earlier

View attachment 342062

Took off the masking paper and ohhhhh ya bugger, it had taken some decal off with it.

View attachment 342063

Luckily I managed to find the missing piece of decal, and very, very.....very carefully peeled it off the back of the masking tape with some flat nose tweezers and a scalpel.
A bit of Microsol and it's back on.

View attachment 342064

Just needs a bit of touching up and mistake covered up :)
Nice save there, you honestly can't see the join. Done that myself but I can't say I managed to fix it the way you have managed. Nice.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top