Military Modelling

At least they have a manual, unlike Eduards who just throw a few squiggly lines on the paper in some random order that has nothing to do with the build order. Just messed up the wheel wells on the Corsair. Supposed to add various brassy bits, Jeezus know's where they're meant to go.
About halfway down page two might give you a hint :)

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/48372.pdf

Thin copper wire and some tweezers might be a better bet :)

Serious head on, the best thing to do is look at the "instructions" and work out what's pointless adding from the fret, so far, there's the hooks on the undercarriage doors, the engine wiring loom and the rear tailwheel assembly

Looking great @PFGEN - I'm surprised at Tamiya though as their kits always go together well
The kit itself does fit together rather well compared to some others I've tackled recently. Its a bit like they took a few shortcuts along the way or just got bored adding some of there detail. Flap lever for example looks like its missing entirely yet there is a part in the kit that could resemble said lever. Its not even in the instructions for the F4U-1A version which is the basis for this kit. I'll make my own. Just finished the throttle earlier this evening so I'll soon be able to close the main part of the fuselage soon. Not quite sure what they did with the tail wheel assembly but always pays to check these things before its too late. (Sometimes I wish I would listen to my own advice.)

Last night screwed up with some of the airbrushing. Mong started spaying while thinking, this is covering very nicely. Let's crack on. Inspected handiwork this morning. That blue looks a bit dark, almost black, actually very black. Bollocks! Spent a couple of hours stripping black paint.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The kit itself does fit together rather well compared to some others I've tackled recently. Its a bit like they took a few shortcuts along the way or just got bored adding some of there detail. Flap lever for example looks like its missing entirely yet there is a part in the kit that could resemble said lever. Its not even in the instructions for the F4U-1A version which is the basis for this kit. I'll make my own. Just finished the throttle earlier this evening so I'll soon be able to close the main part of the fuselage soon. Not quite sure what they did with the tail wheel assembly but always pays to check these things before its too late. (Sometimes I wish I would listen to my own advice.)

Last night screwed up with some of the airbrushing. Mong started spaying while thinking, this is covering very nicely. Let's crack on. Inspected handiwork this morning. That blue looks a bit dark, almost black, actually very black. Bollocks! Spent a couple of hours stripping black paint.
Johnny Walt

That’s a pisser.

I’m just having to make one of these

D8E420C1-6171-461C-A167-8A3AC8EC4670.jpeg

It’s in the instructions - no part number and it’s not on the spruces.

About halfway down page two might give you a hint :)

https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/48372.pdf

Thin copper wire and some tweezers might be a better bet :)

Serious head on, the best thing to do is look at the "instructions" and work out what's pointless adding from the fret, so far, there's the hooks on the undercarriage doors, the engine wiring loom and the rear tailwheel assembly
Thought I'd missed that lot until I saw it was 1:48th. I expect trafo winding wire, tweezers and gin will be my saviour.

Looking at the instructions this is another variation on the cockpit layout for what is essentially the same version. Its like the folks at Eduard don't talk to each other. The 1:48th scale version has lines added to the audercarriage legs yet not on the 1:32 version and their not in the kit either. I have a piece for the tail wheel assembly which I can't trace on any pictures including a tech view of the assembly. In their own drawing it just sort of floats around looking for something to stick to, its just a piece of random brass.

Thought I'd missed that lot until I saw it was 1:48th. I expect trafo winding wire, tweezers and gin will be my saviour.

Looking at the instructions this is another variation on the cockpit layout for what is essentially the same version. Its like the folks at Eduard don't talk to each other. The 1:48th scale version has lines added to the audercarriage legs yet not on the 1:32 version and their not in the kit either. I have a piece for the tail wheel assembly which I can't trace on any pictures including a tech view of the assembly. In their own drawing it just sort of floats around looking for something to stick to, its just a piece of random brass.
Sorry, forgot it was 1/32 scale not 1/48 ...oops

Try here F4U-1A exterior 1/32 and check out the galleries at the bottom of the page, might give you a hint as to where the part should be ??

Not military, but having fun with an Airfix WRC MINI Countryman:

IMG_0300.jpg

Sorry, forgot it was 1/32 scale not 1/48 ...oops

Try here F4U-1A exterior 1/32 and check out the galleries at the bottom of the page, might give you a hint as to where the part should be ??
@PFGEN Teabreak thought, Eduard's have a tendency to tart up the kit parts by sizing and shaping their etched parts according to what detail the kit maker has provided, this means that the replacement parts are not necessarily as accurate as they could be (the phrase "gilding the Lilly" springs to mind, so does "polishing a turd" :) )

The results of bag set 4 ( consisting of 4 bags!)....

Only 13 more sets of bags to go!

Here it is in the table....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just know that you need a couple of these to set things off :)

Stormtroope.jpg
71Z.jpg

You just know that you need a couple of these to set things off :)

View attachment 341589 View attachment 341590
Oh I have them as well.

It can be built/set up for several ‘scenarios’ - includes Old Han, Finn, Rey as well as original trilogy characters. May do Original Trilogy as seen on the outside and when opened up have TFW characters inside, for example.

The plan is to line the base with some sort of Star Wars poster.

The results of bag set 4 ( consisting of 4 bags!)....

Only 13 more sets of bags to go!

Here it is in the table....

What glue are you using to stick it together and are you going to brush paint it or spray it?

After market decals?

Just asking...

@PFGEN Teabreak thought, Eduard's have a tendency to tart up the kit parts by sizing and shaping their etched parts according to what detail the kit maker has provided, this means that the replacement parts are not necessarily as accurate as they could be (the phrase "gilding the Lilly" springs to mind, so does "polishing a turd" :) )
In a lot of cases it doesn't even improve on the kit part. Just PE for the sake off it. Its taken me a fair old time with the layout of the cockpit as some of the PE placing is not so much accurate as convenient as in "We'll just bung it there, they won't know". The only way is to find pictures of the real thing and then adjust everything to the reality where having the PE does help when it comes to making the parts.

Just invested in one of these

DSCN2281-649x376.jpg

Just need to finish that bit for the bomb cradle as its the only thing stoppinG me with the Dauntless